British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-05-23, 12:07 PM

Default New member from USA

I've been collecting military items for nearly 40 years now, but am very, very new to the world of British items. I'm retired now, have been able to do some traveling to the WWI battlefields around Ypres and Verdun and made 3 trips to the UK as well. Consequently, I am positively smitten with all things British!

I recently picked up some items at an auction here in the US, without really knowing a lot. (Dangerous, I know.) Eventually, I will get around to asking some questions about some items. I doubt I will ever be knowledgeable enough to truly contribute much of anything to the forum. For now, I am just going to spend time perusing the old threads to learn as much as possible before I start asking questions. This site looks to be very useful, thanks for having me!
Old 22-05-23, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Hello rob63, welcome to the Forum. Your account is active and open for posts.
Old 22-05-23, 01:56 PM

Welcome to the Forum Rob, lots of knowledge here, any questions members always happy to help, enjoy all things British military !!

Gerard
Old 22-05-23, 11:36 PM

It's never too late to be smitten by all things British! I was fortunate to become wise to this early in life, and you will certainly find whatever your quests are with regard to badges here on the forum. Additionally, should you have any queries regarding uniforms of the pre 1945 British Army, feel free to contact me via the private messages, although there are others on this forum that are yet more knowledgeable than I. My only caveat that I recommend is to avoid anything "Special Forces", "Para", "LRDG" etc., and all will be well.

CB
Old 23-05-23, 01:29 PM

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.
Old 23-05-23, 01:31 PM

Note to moderator: there seems to be something wrong with my permissions. Everything I attempt to post goes to moderation first, and I can't reply to a private message I was sent. Thanks.
Old 24-05-23, 10:33 AM

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

p.s. if you sent me a private message be aware that I can't seem to respond to them, so I replied by email.

Last edited by rob63; 24-05-23 at 10:39 AM.
Old 24-05-23, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Rob, the permissions are set for moderation on new member posts. You should be good on all features now.