British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-05-23, 05:49 PM

Default Car Boot finds

Not badges I’m afraid but thought I would show these:-
The Northern Ireland one is badged to the Royal Artillery and am sure a few of you will remember these!
It was in a right old state just finished bringing it back to life without removing too much of the original, I think it may have spent quite some time in a shed/garage, used “Masking Tape to rear as all I had!” to seal the rear, original backing as you can see is right Moldy! and so glad to be chucking it!

The really nice one with Walnut Frame is to the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers and signed by the Artist and loads of others, just wanted to give it a good Home!

Have a New Cabin and refurbished an 8 Drawer Architect,s Plan Chest these are the first of many which it will house! Much to my Wife’s delight!

Hope you enjoy Billy

Last edited by billy; 01-05-23 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-05-23, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Not badges I’m afraid but thought I would show these:-
The Northern Ireland one is badged to the Royal Artillery and am sure a few of you will remember these!
It was in a right old state just finished bringing it back to life without removing too much of the original, I think it may have spent quite some time in a shed/garage, used “Masking Tape to rear as all I had!” to seal the rear, original backing as you can see is right Moldy! and so glad to be chucking it!

The really nice one with Walnut Frame is to the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers and signed by the Artist and loads of others, just wanted to give it a good Home!

Have a New Cabin and refurbished an 8 Drawer Architect,s Plan Chest these are the first of many which it will house! Much to my Wife’s delight!

Hope you enjoy Billy
The eight-and-a-half-feet tall fusilier atop the Royal Fusiliers Memorial, in High Holborn, is a London statue that takes some beating, in my humble opinion. It is a wonderful sculpture; I never tire of seeing it on the occasions I happen to pass.

Any chance of a close up of the inscription on your print please, Billy?

Thanks for posting.

JT
Old 01-05-23, 08:03 PM

Will do that tomorrow in daylight! There was also a Sheet of Paper with a Poem or a Story which I didn’t get around to reading but I attached to the picture for later, it was taped on the back, all the best Billy
Old 01-05-23, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Will do that tomorrow in daylight! There was also a Sheet of Paper with a Poem or a Story which I didn’t get around to reading but I attached to the picture for later, it was taped on the back, all the best Billy
[Thumbs-up emoji].
Old 02-05-23, 06:11 AM

Hi J.T. tried to get all that you may want, if you want more please let me know, all the best Billy

P.S. I know someone who does Calligraphy and will have this Poem written up proper, deserves it!
Old 02-05-23, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Hi J.T. tried to get all that you may want, if you want more please let me know, all the best Billy

P.S. I know someone who does Calligraphy and will have this Poem written up proper, deserves it!
Thanks for that, Billy. I had initially thought the print may date from the time of the unveiling of the memorial, but see now that it is much later. As you stated in your OP: RRF (as opposed to RF).

Thanks again for taking the time to add those extra pics.

JT