British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-02-20, 08:30 PM

Smile Catalogue of Silk postcards book

Before Christmas I put a thread up to say that I may be able to sell the "Catalogue of Silk postcards book" by John Westland.

Can I now add to the reason why I said I was possibly able to offer these books for sale, John Westland, the author is a cousin of mine who has now stopped collecting silk postcards, John who like myself has been an avid collector has now decided to stop collecting and is currently in the process of donating his entire collection of silk embroidered postcards, all of which are in superb original condition, some 1300 or thereabouts to the National Army museum.

John was an inspiration to my collecting of badges in the 1950's donating his collection of cap badges to me, many were given to him by my Father during WWII.

Some forum members have bought the book already and the feedback I have had back is very positive, John was a perfectionist with his collecting and I think his book published in 1994 as a centenary of the postcard will stand the test of time on this subject, as John has finished collecting there will be no further printed editions of this book.

There are a few available copies left which I will offer to forum members before anyone else.

PM me if interested, price £5.00+Postage £3.00 for UK, Payment by paypal friends and family.

Regards Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020506.jpg (56.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg P1020507.jpg (48.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P1020508.jpg (53.1 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Sonofacqms; 19-02-20 at 11:38 AM.
Old 18-02-20, 10:36 PM

Dear Rob,
Let me know the cost with airmail to Australia and I will send you a PP Friends & Family.
Regards,
Kingsley
Old 19-02-20, 02:10 AM

Hi Rob,
A second one to Australia - Melbourne.
How can I pay.
Regards, Tony
Old 19-02-20, 07:13 AM

PM Sent