British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-05-11, 03:15 PM
Former Member

Default A bit of Fun! - Store Thief!

This was circulating at work this morning via e-mail, it's not about badges so sorry in advance to those that don't like non-badge related threads, but it does have a Military conection and I found it funny and a bit of justice!

Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001.jpg (88.4 KB, 190 views)
Old 18-05-11, 03:19 PM

hehehe love it!!
Old 18-05-11, 03:20 PM

Augusta is well known for its slippery curbs.

Rgds,
Thomas.
Old 18-05-11, 03:36 PM
guest123a

Shame UK policing is not so robust, well done the USMC and the Augusta police department, or possibly the Augusta mayor needs to make sure that funds are pumped in to curb repairs to prevent any more unfortunate trips (I think not), and finally thanks Andy for posting the cliping.

Cheers Hammo2440
Old 18-05-11, 03:37 PM

Remember, violence provides the best long term solution to most of life's problems.

Phil
Old 18-05-11, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
hehehe love it!!
Do you also love the fact that Georgia executes black youths as young as 14 in the electric chair ? It was lethal injection, until the British company supplying the necessary drugs refused to continue supplying, following lobbying by a UK lawyers group including (you guessed it) me ! Unfortunately, we can't go to the extent of turning off the electricity to the State of Georgia. Hardly a subject for the Forum, is it ?
Old 18-05-11, 03:52 PM
Former Member

David,
there is a dark side to everything! Had I posted a tomatoe I'm sure someone could have found something to object about!

I started the thread because this guy obviously bumped into the wrong bunch of guys!

I'm sorry if Military humour is not your cup of tea but my "sorry in advance" was clearly posted!

Andy
Old 18-05-11, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counsel for the Defence View Post
Do you also love the fact that Georgia executes black youths as young as 14 in the electric chair ? It was lethal injection, until the British company supplying the necessary drugs refused to continue supplying, following lobbying by a UK lawyers group including (you guessed it) me ! Unfortunately, we can't go to the extent of turning off the electricity to the State of Georgia. Hardly a subject for the Forum, is it ?
Ah so now you have decided to follow me around & comment on everything I put? And for what bizarre reason are you linking this to youths being put in the electric chair apart from a weak excuse to make a remark about the short comment I made? Strange that you haven't chosen to comment on your apparent dislike of the subject to the original poster? I guess this childish behaviour is what got you banned previously from the forum!
Old 18-05-11, 04:02 PM

I still found it funny although I saw it on another site that said it was Australian SAS he ran into. I don't see any reason to complain about someone introducing a touch of humour on to the site just so long as the main thrust is badges and badge collecting.
Old 18-05-11, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
Ah so now you have decided to follow me around & comment on everything I put? And for what bizarre reason are you linking this to youths being put in the electric chair apart from a weak excuse to make a remark about the short comment I made? Strange that you haven't chosen to comment on your apparent dislike of the subject to the original poster? I guess this childish behaviour is what got you banned previously from the forum!
Andy will get a PM from me - I know Andy, I don't know you ! Why are we seeing so many non badge-related topics appearing on the Forum at a time when antagonism seems to be the order of the day ? Any chance we can focus on the real purpose of the Forum ?
Old 18-05-11, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Andy will get a PM from me - I know Andy, I don't know you ! Why are we seeing so many non badge-related topics appearing on the Forum at a time when antagonism seems to be the order of the day ? Any chance we can focus on the real purpose of the Forum ?
Strange then that you decided to post a personal affront to my comment & no-one else? Even if you know someone then surely your annoyance should also have been posted to 'make your stance for the defence' as you claim to be making here rather than making the pm to vent your issue. As you are now a lawyer as well as a dealer/collector it just brings me back to the memories of the dealers I have seen when presented with a dodgy item they had sold taking the attitude of 'get it in writing that it's fake & then I will sue' - maybe a lot more are lawyers than i realised?
Antagonism the order of the day? Yes, you quite clearly seem to be out to prove that it's your main reason for being here. Do please stop following me around like the internet troll you are proving yourself to be!
Old 18-05-11, 04:59 PM

Andy, I loved it, even though it's off topic. It reminds me of a similar story about a bunch of bikers who picked on a group of SBS in a bar, but I won't say any more in case it upsets a few delicate members. David
Old 18-05-11, 05:53 PM

Quote:
On another thread you posted that you had a lot to offer this forum. Why don't we see some of that? All your remarks that I have read so far were in bad taste and to me it looks as if you are only trying to pick a fight. I agree 14 is a tad young to execute, but my grandfather told of an event in WW2 in Italy close to the end of the war were a group of Germans attacked them and they shot back. When it was over, they advanced and most of them were young boys of 13 and 14. It did not make him happy, but what was there to be done? If you are a murder or rapist at 14, maybe you should be executed. They executed far younger kids for far less offences in the UK in the past.

And Andy I really enjoyed your post. It is good that the scum get put in their place. Regards Andrew
Old 18-05-11, 05:54 PM

Nothing wrong with posts like this, especiallly as it was labelled as a bit of fun in the General Topics section. The US has some quite severe and, in many cases, unjust punishments but I think in this case the guy got what was coming to him
Lee
Old 18-05-11, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2747andy View Post
David,
there is a dark side to everything! Had I posted a tomatoe I'm sure someone could have found something to object about!

I started the thread because this guy obviously bumped into the wrong bunch of guys!

I'm sorry if Military humour is not your cup of tea but my "sorry in advance" was clearly posted!

Andy
I wanna prove your theory Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9454.jpg (14.7 KB, 24 views)