British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-02-20, 03:12 PM

Default For comments please

Thoughts appreciated on these please, not very hopeful but you never know.

Thanks in advance.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6699.jpg (64.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6700.jpg (59.6 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6701.jpg (69.3 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6702.jpg (71.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6698.jpg (52.4 KB, 34 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 20-02-20, 03:47 PM

Nothing wrong with the cap badge.
Old 20-02-20, 03:52 PM

Ive got the garter flash down as RAC but I would like to hear if there are any other thoughts on this.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=2985
Old 20-02-20, 04:43 PM

As mentioned the Essex badge is fine. Very doubtful on the shoulder titles, especially the Kensington, but others will confirm.

CB
Old 20-02-20, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuehler View Post
As mentioned the Essex badge is fine. Very doubtful on the shoulder titles, especially the Kensington, but others will confirm.

CB
Even with EGYPT removed?

Marc
Old 20-02-20, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

I would agree that it has been fiddled with.
Old 20-02-20, 06:16 PM

I don’t think the tablet or any other part of it has been fiddled with. Excessively polished by the wearer, yes. But nothing sinister.

You can see the die flaw running from the edge into the central area of the tablet. If someone had erased the Egypt post manufacturer with an implement or even intentional excessive polishing that mistamped edge wouldn’t be visible - or certainly you’d see traces of the letters.

The polishing on the tablet/Sphinx is also in keeping with the rest of the badge. It’s easily one of the most common TF badges with many manufacturers over the years, only worth about £15 on eBay or £20-25 on a dealers list. Not really worth the effort of a cunning forgery.

For me it’s just a poorly made example of this badge where the maker didn’t do a good job erasing the scroll and is no doubt of later manufacture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62DD81D7-9EC1-4C49-ABBD-31439D7BD772.jpg (38.8 KB, 46 views)
Old 20-02-20, 07:04 PM

Blue flash could be Cambridge, garter could be royal NORFOLK, east Anglian brigade. Let me know if there for sale please.
Old 20-02-20, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
I don’t think the tablet or any other part of it has been fiddled with. Excessively polished by the wearer, yes. But nothing sinister.

You can see the die flaw running from the edge into the central area of the tablet. If someone had erased the Egypt post manufacturer with an implement or even intentional excessive polishing that mistamped edge wouldn’t be visible - or certainly you’d see traces of the letters.

The polishing on the tablet/Sphinx is also in keeping with the rest of the badge. It’s easily one of the most common TF badges with many manufacturers over the years, only worth about £15 on eBay or £20-25 on a dealers list. Not really worth the effort of a cunning forgery.

For me it’s just a poorly made example of this badge where the maker didn’t do a good job erasing the scroll and is no doubt of later manufacture.
Thank you, for the explanation.

Marc
Old 21-02-20, 10:00 AM

Thanks for all the comments, if anyone is interested I would sell the Essex badge for £16 inclusive of p and p to UK.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”