British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Cavalry and Armoured Units

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-04-14, 05:40 AM

Default Fort Garry Horse Shoulder flash

Posting some of the rarer and harder to get FGH SWW shoulder flashes, would love to see any more that I am missing and are in other collectors collections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0773.jpg (90.5 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0774.jpg (88.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 20-04-14, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Nice accumulation. The Fort Garry's are hard to find. The third title down first row is the post war pattern, the others are all attributed to wartime issues. (Though the Fort Garrys brought titles back from the UK and wore them until circa 1949.)
Old 20-04-14, 02:04 PM

Nice assortment. The bottom three on the right used to be part of my collection. Good to see them again.
Old 20-04-14, 04:03 PM

Hi Bill,

Yes the FGH SWW flashes are harder to find then others it seems, it took me a long time to dig up the ones that I have pictured.

Greg,

Thanks for pointing out that some of them were in your collection at one time. Not to worry they are in a good home and I am taking care of them. lol
When you said "the bottom 3 on the right" were from your collection? Even the slip on/ It is a small world, I bought them separately years apart from each other. Small world I guess.
Old 13-05-14, 11:57 AM

Hi,

Sorry for such a late reply.

The slip on MAY not have been from my collection. It sure looks close though. The middle two titles were undoubtedly once part of my collection. They are very nice and I almost feel bad about having let them go. At least they have found a good caretaker with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Greg