British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-06-20, 07:27 PM

Thank you for your comment Royal, much appreciated.

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 18-06-20, 07:30 PM

Thank you for the very detailed reply Pete, greatly appreciate the time you and the others have taken over this - as some members know my main area is police insignia, so my knowledge of military, especially naval insignia, is sparse.

Thanks again

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 19-06-20, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzman View Post
To complete the story I should have added that between 1976 and 1995, commando qualified RN personnel attached to RM units wore a white-on-blue ROYAL NAVY COMMANDO shoulder title. This was worn on the khaki heavy wool jersey only. In 1995 this was changed to subdued black-on-olive.

Pete
Thanks Pete - is that the official policy - because I've seen the blue shoulder titles being worn on green wooly pullys in the past year?

FYI, there is also a merrowed white on blue version that is currently worn on 4AWDs.
Old 19-06-20, 12:02 PM

I think the RN will be the same as the RM in wearing coloured shoulder titles on the woolly pully on the infrequent occasions it is now worn, and using the black on olive green versions on all camouflage uniforms. Certainly the RM are still using red on black for their pullovers.