British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-07-21, 07:10 PM

Default PayPal

Not having signed up to the new ebay sellers account i.e where you have to give bank details,I just tried to access my PayPal account as normal by going to accounts I was informed this is no longer available .Could those with computer knowhow help me overcome this problem
N B PayPal is not linked to my bank account
David
Old 23-07-21, 07:17 PM

Have you tried to access Paypal separately (via either app or their website) or are you trying to access it through the eBay accounts page, David?
Old 23-07-21, 07:25 PM

ajc347 many thanks for your quick response ,I was trying to access it via ebay account If I go via PayPal direct ,it would have to be the web site as I don't have a mobile phone -would my signing in code as used on ebay work ???
Old 23-07-21, 07:36 PM

I'm honestly not sure that it would David.

I'd suggest going to Paypal's site via your web browser and hit the forgotten password button. This should allow you to reset it via email and will then give you full access to your account.

It looks as though eBay have now removed all association with Paypal from a selling perspective and that the option to check the account via the eBay platform no longer exists.
Old 23-07-21, 07:44 PM

Many thanks again very grateful ,but may have to wait for the grandchildren
oldest 9 years to help out ,as both my sons say oh dad
David
Old 23-07-21, 07:48 PM

I understand exactly what you mean - hopefully you'll be able to sort it out soon enough.

If you need me to talk you through any of the process please let me know via PM and I'll happily show you screenshots of my changing the password on one of my accounts if that would help.
Old 23-07-21, 08:06 PM

David,
If you want to continue to sell on eBay you will have to register for their ‘Managed Payments’ scheme which allows buyers to pay eBay who then pay you (minus their fees) to your nominated bank account.

If you maintain your PayPal account you can still use it to buy off eBay but would need to ‘top up’ manually as your eBay sales will no longer go automatically into the PayPay account.

Tim
Old 23-07-21, 08:06 PM

Andy thanks again for your kind offer If no luck may take you up on it
David
Old 23-07-21, 08:14 PM

Tim many thanks
David
Old 23-07-21, 08:19 PM

I had the same problem a few years back so just set up a no fee bank account with the minimum dollar amount which is used just for PayPal when needed.

Not ideal, but we all know PayPal is absolutely inflexible. But for overseas shopping, it seems the only route.

Terry
Old 28-07-21, 09:56 AM

I've had this too, and initially they paid in to my usual bank account. However, like most I used Paypal for my collecting, so I paid out, and anything I sold went in, so it was self generating. I don't want odd payments from ebay in with my bank account, which I use for bills and odd spends.

So I have opened a new bank account just for my ebay payments so I can keep an easier track of them. Its also useful because I have a plastic card with the account, so when I sell and go to the post office to post, I can use it to pay so the money comes out of the same account.

However, the really annoying thing now is that before every transaction was available on paypal - buyer, address, item, payment, fee etc - which was handy not only to check things, but also now and again I could go back and either get details from someone who had bought off me a while before, or to check other sales with that person. Now paypal is effectively blank with no details of any ebay sales outside a reference number, which they have backdated to the year dot.