British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Corps, Branches and the Royal Canadian Artillery

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-04-13, 08:58 AM

Default CELE Branch / Royal Canadian Corps of Signals

Information and discussions I've had with Branch leadership indicate that there is no desire to split the Communications and Electronics Branch. In fact it's quite the opposite and was a key point in the decision to move ahead with regaining the "Royal" status, that it would not affect the Branch.

What I am still confused about, even as a Canadian Signals historian, is to what exactly the new name will apply to. Although Army accoutrements, namely the shoulder titles, bear the SIGNALS designation and the Army Officers occupation is known as SIGNALS, there is no organization named SIGNALS (or otherwise) to re-brand as the "Royal Canadian Corps of Signals". Assuming then that the Branch in fact remains unchanged.... What exactly will it refer to unless something new is created? I raised this question when I was assisting with the submission to request the restoration of the "Royal" but I was never given a clear answer.

Although announced, the new designation is not yet in official use. My best guess is that its likely to become effective as part of the Anniversary celebrations in Oct 2013 (coinciding with the Canadian Signal Corps 110th Anniversary) where the Princess Royal will be present.
Old 04-05-13, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier1 View Post
Tks for that Phillip. I was not aware. The results of your BR/Corps may well have an impact upon other 'Branches" although I'm not holding my breath wrt the LOG BR. I don't think a survey was given to LOG BR pers; but I could be wrong.
If by "personnel" you mean anyone currently wearing the Logistics cap badge, then you are correct - this is the first I've ever heard of any kind of "survey" and I currently wear the Logistics cap badge.

Speculation has been rife at our armouries, suggesting no one else I've talked to has been given any information either.

Tags
canadian signals