British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Militaria

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-10-14, 07:45 PM

Default 1915 Webley and Scott Revolver NEW CO2 AIR PISTOL!

I am quite sure Roy and our friends from across the pond will fall of their chairs laughing at this

But I am as excited as an excited thing about to do something really exciting!

On the 1st of December Webley and Scott release a new addition to their CO2 air pistol range the 1915 pattern Officers revolver!!!!!! Manufactured from original blue prints and exact in every detail, breaks, extracts and field strips as per the original.

Full details here: https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/pro...er-air-pistol/

I have no connection with this particular retailer but I could only find this one live advert up to now

The Webley MKVI Service Revolver is the latest release from the webley Co2 air pistol range.

The Webley Revolver (also known as the Webley Break-Top Revolver or Webley Self-Extracting Revolver) was, in various marks, the standard issue service pistol for the armed forces of the United Kingdom, the British Empire, and the Commonwealth from 1887 until 1963.

The Webley is a top-break revolver with automatic extraction. That is, breaking the revolver open for reloading also operates the extractor. This removes the spent cartridges from the cylinder. The Webley Mk I service revolver was adopted in 1887. A later version, the Mk IV, rose to prominence during the Boer War of 1899-1902. However, the Mk VI, introduced in 1915 during the First World War, is perhaps the best-known model.

Firing the large .455 Webley cartridge, Webley service revolvers are among the most powerful top-break revolvers ever produced. Although the .455 calibre Webley is no longer in military service, the .38/200 Webley Mk IV variant is still in use as a police sidearm in a number of countries

Specifications:

Built from Original Blueprints
Loads, Cycles, Fires and Ejects as the Original
Original 1915 markings
Single / Double Action
Full Size
Field Strippable
Full Metal Construction
6 inch Barrel
6 Shot
< 3 Joules
2.4 lbs (1.1kg)
4.5mm CO2 Metal BB
Manufacturer: Webley
Model: WPIMK645 MKVI Service Revolver Air Pistol

I think it will look stunning on the wall with My WW1 officers medal groups then I can take it in the garden and make a few cans dance without the neighbors calling the police.

Sorry Roy but this is the closest I'll ever get unless I emigrate!
Old 23-10-14, 08:56 PM

A lot cheaper than a deac. My wife has already said NO when I showed her the linked add for it.

Jerry
Old 23-10-14, 09:04 PM
Major Dundee

Your in for it now

Time for your tin hat (but only if it has a cap badge on it)

I love it and want one now, lucky Christmas is coming.
Old 23-10-14, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Dundee View Post
Your in for it now

Time for your tin hat (but only if it has a cap badge on it)

I love it and want one now, lucky Christmas is coming.
The thing is I have this WWI Royal Navy shoulder holster landing rig which is crying out for filling!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shoulder holster 1915 #1.jpg (47.1 KB, 6 views)

Jerry
Old 23-10-14, 10:41 PM

Nice looking piece, maybe can replace the original one that threw in the bin down the police station when they had an amnesty a few years ago.

Told a few years ago (40 or so) by an old Glamorgan Yeo sgt that this was the best gun in WW1 for shooting injured horses, 1 shot in the head, said that they tried Colt 45 and they were useless, just bounced of the skull.

Ta
Old 23-10-14, 10:55 PM

Hi Kingsman,

Wow..! that looks pretty cool, almost like the real thing. No problem on this end, if you like a little target practice and that is all that is available then why not. Having grown up with airguns I'm a huge fan and they never looked this good. If you ever find yourself out my way then feel free to drop me a line, more than happy to take you to the range for a little 'vintage' shooting.

Jerry, well done on your holster, although I must correct you, by the look of it this is not for the revolver but a rare example of one for the MkI Navy self-loading pistol (check out my album for an example of this pistol - assuming it hasn't been deleted..). A rare find well done.

And just for comparison here is a photo of my original MkVI which I'm pleased to say is in wonderful condition. Not shot this one yet but I'm planing on a range trip shortly to try the old girl out.

Cheers, Roy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0002 2.jpg (53.2 KB, 26 views)

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com

Last edited by Roy; 24-10-14 at 04:06 AM.