British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-09-13, 12:33 AM

Default Thanks For The Education

To all who post here,

I want to thank all who post here and share their knowledge. This past weekend I attended a major military show in the US. There were 3 dealers with British cap badges and I bought from 2 of them. You can see one of my buys under British yeomanry. This dealer, to the best of my knowledge, had no bad insignia. After doing some quick, overnight, research on the forum I went ahead and bought the badge. The second dealer had at least 2 bad badges. The Guards Machine gun Battalion should have a slider, not lugs. He had 3 of them. At least the price was right for a reproduction, $15.00 USD. He also had a 22nd Dragoons which should be good as it was voided where it should be. $20.00 USD. The last dealer had a Leeds Pals with skinny legs and a 42nd NCO badge with "42" in the center all in white metal. It should be bi-metal and, besides, I already have one, but that's another story. He wanted $85.00 USD. I didn't bother with him. It was nice to be able to look with some confidence and do some quick research before buying.

With gratitude,

Don
Old 10-09-13, 06:26 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Which 3 dealers were there? I am not interested in which ones you bought badges from, just the ones who travel over to sell their wares and whether they were non-contactable for that reason. Thanks.
David