British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-08-19, 09:20 PM

Default 1941 Drum S.A.S. Device with 22nd & 23rd

Hi everyone! Have a request regarding a Drum! Yep! a Drum - 1941 (Broad Arrow) on top of which you now have a Special Air Service Winged Who Dares Wins Sword, to left 22nd, to right 23rd bottom S.A.S.Center

A presentation gift to a retiring member (have a name and checking it out) this is Mint but as to a value am at a loss? What would an item like this be going for? Price asked is quite high?

All the best Billy
Old 13-08-19, 08:52 AM

Billy, It "beats" me

Lets see if you can "drum" up some replies........

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 13-08-19, 09:07 AM
Mr. Jackanory

Drums go for good money. Drums for certain regiments carry a premium. Four figures minimum in my limited and humble opinion.
Old 13-08-19, 11:28 AM

Jerry! Stop bangin the drum and act your age!!

Matti Old Drum 1941 (sourced for this particular year?) Actually for a completely different reason will check out his date of birth!
Don't know enough, seen them never looked at prices or if I did didn't register, will post photo's Friday / Saturday, its really nice and immaculate so not old, perhaps going back to the 80,s ish! And looked after, no point asking a guide price till people including yourself have seen it! Also comes with some other bits and bobs, thanks for now billy
Old 13-08-19, 11:30 AM
Mr. Jackanory

Pleasure Billy. side/snare drums often go for £400 plus
Old 13-08-19, 12:57 PM

Wiltshire regiment recently sold for less than £100 can't find it on my watched list but I think final price was about £60.00 Never seen 1 before for sale ,but got distracted and forgot to bid-kicking my self
David
Old 13-08-19, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Hi everyone! Have a request regarding a Drum! Yep! a Drum - 1941 (Broad Arrow) on top of which you now have a Special Air Service Winged Who Dares Wins Sword, to left 22nd, to right 23rd bottom S.A.S.Center

A presentation gift to a retiring member (have a name and checking it out) this is Mint but as to a value am at a loss? What would an item like this be going for? Price asked is quite high?

All the best Billy
Have you got pics?

unless I am mistaken SAS 22 & 23 did not exist in 1941?

Prices for SAS stuff are think of a number and treble it....

Jerry
Old 13-08-19, 04:31 PM
Banned

the date of the drum has nothing to do with what insignia is applied as this would have been added later
Old 13-08-19, 08:49 PM

Hi Jerry not at present but hopefully Friday, 1941 Date stamp I believe that was also his date of birth, so nice touch if intended, the paintwork was really good (would or could this have been by means of a transfer?) Will look more closely when I go to see it again, brush strokes would show up?

Whatever it is for sale and out of my reach, no point me mentioning what he asked because I don't wish to cloud people's judgement on it! Need to get pictures so as to show it, if he ends up keeping it, it's worth going round to take the pictures and we all share a nice article!

All the best Billy
Old 14-08-19, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Hi Jerry not at present but hopefully Friday, 1941 Date stamp I believe that was also his date of birth, so nice touch if intended, the paintwork was really good (would or could this have been by means of a transfer?) Will look more closely when I go to see it again, brush strokes would show up?

Whatever it is for sale and out of my reach, no point me mentioning what he asked because I don't wish to cloud people's judgement on it! Need to get pictures so as to show it, if he ends up keeping it, it's worth going round to take the pictures and we all share a nice article!

All the best Billy
I ask because such things interest me, not because the date is wrong, it was merely an observation.

If you can share a pic, that would be great.

Jerry
Old 15-08-19, 08:30 AM

it sounds like a great piece Billy, i cannot wait to see it! I would be interested myself but it sounds like it ghgas found a good home, with provenance pprice from 100 to 1000 quid i guess