British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-02-15, 12:49 PM

Default Thanks to The Formation Sign

Since starting researching my Family History I have been picking up the odd non military items of insignia that would have been worn by members of my family to complement the family medals and badges I already have.

This morning I found a NFS numbered breast badge at a Fair in Liverpool, I asked the seller ( who had a lot of home front items for sale ) if it was for Liverpool as my mother served part time in the NFS and I couldn't remember the number for Liverpool. The seller didn't think it was for Liverpool but for £1 how could I not buy it.

As soon as I got home I got out the latest Formation Sign and there on page 3 is a list of all the NFS Area`s with their numbers and location of Headquarters and ( as Cilla would say ) surprise, surprise Liverpool area was 26 the one I had bought earlier.

A very good morning.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4387.jpg (74.0 KB, 37 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”

Last edited by Peter Brydon; 07-02-15 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-02-15, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Nice catch Peter. It is great when some research solves a question.
Old 07-02-15, 02:18 PM

Peter,
perhaps a good week to buy a lottery ticket.
Eddie
Old 07-02-15, 02:20 PM

Thanks Eddie,

I hope you are right.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 08-02-15, 09:05 AM

Hello Peter

Excellent find Peter! - As you say the Formation Sign is a mine of information. It is good to encourage membership of the Military Heraldry Society - yet again I provide the link for any potential recruits.

http://www.militaryheraldrysociety.com/

Regards
Mike