British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-11-13, 12:34 PM

Default Shoulder Titles

I didn't know where to post these,apologies if it's in the wrong section!

Could anybody help out with these re authenticity/age etc please?

Regards,
Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHOULDER TITLES.jpg (111.7 KB, 127 views)
Old 11-11-13, 01:35 PM

Andy closer pics and shots of the backs would help but from the picture you have provided most appear on first inspection to be OK.

Mark
Old 11-11-13, 04:13 PM

Default Titles

All the titles look good to me and without consulting Westlake's book on titles and dates worn would say they were all worn roughly between 1914 and 1960.

The large ACC is IMO Army Cyclists Corps worn between 1915 and 1919 and the smaller ACC is Army Catering Corps worn post 1941.

I hope this helps.

Rob
Old 11-11-13, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the replies Gents,appreciated!
Old 11-11-13, 06:32 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
All the titles look good to me and without consulting Westlake's book on titles and dates worn would say they were all worn roughly between 1914 and 1960.

The large ACC is IMO Army Cyclists Corps worn between 1915 and 1919 and the smaller ACC is Army Catering Corps worn post 1941.

I hope this helps.

Rob
Rob
my late father served with the Army Catering Corps, he assured me that all ACC titles related to the Army Catering Corps and that the Army Cyclist Corps wore titles worded "Cyclist" and that these were curved
PL
Old 11-11-13, 08:27 PM

Default Cyclist titles

PL,
Somewhere a while back this was discussed on a thread with the final throw being a pic of a cyclist wearing "ACC". The thread was one I started called "Cooks or Cyclists"

I bought a whole lot of titles which included T/CYCLISTS, CYCLISTS (with "T" removed, CYCLIST and the large "ACC" which was as I suspected worn by the cyclists.

Have a look at the thread because "unknown soldier" provided a superb picture and proved beyond doubt to me that they were worn. Probably when the Army Catering Corps were formed in 1941 they were issued ACC from old stocks of Cyclists titles.

I hope this helps.

Rob