British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-01-16, 10:14 AM

Default A Nice Bonus !

Last week I bought a Gloucestershire ACF 1949 pattern Battledress Blouse on a well known online auction site. I only bought it because it was cheap, had a rummage through the pockets when it arrived and found a nice little bonus !
I can only assume that the original owner/wearer was an underofficer with Wiltshire ACF before moving (presumably with his civilian employment) to Gloucestershire where he joined his new county and was eventually commissioned into Gloucestershire ACF. The BD Blouse is dated 1954 but suppose it could have been worn much later. Anyway it brought a smile to my face !
PL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (96.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (67.9 KB, 77 views)
Old 11-01-16, 10:58 AM

Talking Bonus time

I once bought a Cambridgeshire Home Guard battledress jacket and F/S cap at a local auction which was badged to CAM/101 and had the A/A command patch as well, when I got it home in the pockets were a pair of CAM/101 and a small pencil and two rennies tablets still wrapped up.

As it had Sgt's stripes as well, it should have been traceable as he must have suffered from indigestion.

Rob