British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Foreign Badges and Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-03-21, 07:27 PM

Default Unknown US Airforce Wings

Hello All,

I appreciate any info regarding the wings in the attached photos. I have had the badge in my possession for approximately 50 years. It is manufactured from a very solid, non magnetic metal. It was acquired in Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada. I've also posted a query on Bob Schwartz's WW2WINGS website. I'm looking forward to input! Cheers,

Walt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210317_1448585.jpg (55.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210317_1449145.jpg (46.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 17-03-21, 10:57 PM

Walt, they look like post WW1, but pre WW2 wings. Maybe a pair some flyer had made up as a special set? if I can find my US wing book I'll see if there is anything in there.

You may also wnat to ask here.

http://www.ww2wings.com/main.shtml

Terry
Old 17-03-21, 11:53 PM

Hi Terry,

As always, thanks for your reply! Your involvement on this forum is very much appreciated. You may have missed, in my original post, that I have also queried WW2WINGS. I'm trying to discern if the set of wings was allowed to be oficially worn, or if it was a "sweetheart" type of badge.

I don't collect US badges & insignia, and this item will most likely be offered for sale/trade once I have further identification. Regardless, it's a very lovely piece which I hope will find a spot in someones display. Take Care,

Walt
Old 18-03-21, 03:19 AM

Hi Walt, sorry missed you had already gone to Wings. In looking at it again, could it possible be an early Navy wing, being in a gold color???

Been out of aviation collecting too long now, and let most of my aviation badge books go. Only kept my father's and his crew chief bits. My dad is on he Wings site.

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/heroes...llanwebb.shtml

Terry
Old 18-03-21, 04:11 AM

Hi

I have a copy of the book "Silver wings, pinks and greens" on my bookshelf. I don't know if the book is still in print but I would probably be prepared to sell it to an interested member.

I also have a small collection of WW2 USAAF and Navy wings (including several Australian made examples) that I would also sell.

Anyone seriously interested can PM me for details and photos.
Old 20-03-21, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guard View Post
Hi Walt, sorry missed you had already gone to Wings. In looking at it again, could it possible be an early Navy wing, being in a gold color???

Been out of aviation collecting too long now, and let most of my aviation badge books go. Only kept my father's and his crew chief bits. My dad is on he Wings site.

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/heroes...llanwebb.shtml

Terry
Hello Terry,

A lovely tribute to your Father on the WW2WINGS website. Thank you for sharing. Regarding my badge, I received a reply from Bob Schwartz, and he has stated that it may be a jeweller's product. It's a nice item, and I am willing to sell or trade if someone is interested. Cheers,

Walt
Old 20-03-21, 04:08 PM

Thank you Walt. He was a good man.

Terry