British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-01-11, 05:35 PM

Default Prison insignia

Some cloth H M Prison Service insignia to look at, that include variations of Pre 1986 female Officers shoulder titles,1950's-60's rain coat title
Hostpital Officers appointment badge
Prison State Registered Nurse
Phyisical Education Department
H M Prison Gibralter
H M P Dog Section
Modern Base Ball cap type badge and a few more to ponder over

Regards
Destro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010013.jpg (70.5 KB, 80 views)
Old 03-01-11, 03:18 PM

Hi Destro,
Again a nice collection with a few scarce ones.
The Hospital Officers appointment badge you rarely see and I believe dates from the early 70's.I've never seen the State Registered Nurse one before.
"Arte et labore"translates as" By Skill and Labour" I was going to guess at which department but had second thoughts having read what I'd written.
The Hull ones of course are Dedicated Search Team.
As I have already explained in my PM to you I hope to get some photos posted soon.
Thanks for posting.
Regards
Bantam

Last edited by Bantam; 03-01-11 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-01-11, 04:50 PM

Default ROI Insignia

Hi Destro,
Here are some pictures as promised of obsolete ROI Prison insignia.I am sorry that the photos are not of better quality but they were taken through glass.They consist of both male and female pattern cap badges.collar as well as rank shoulder titles.
Hwyl
Bantam
ROI Female.jpg

ROI Male.jpg

ROI.jpg
Old 03-01-11, 10:35 PM

Default Prisons insignia

Hello Bantam

Thankyou for your images,you wont find many of those for sale I am sure, I wonder if any other Forum members have any Prison / Correctional insignia they would like to share with us!

Destro
Old 04-01-11, 02:03 PM

Hi Destro 1918,
It would be nice if there are others who would be prepared to share their knowledge of prison badges and maybe post some images.
I wonder can anyone confirm also that the "Harp" badges shown in my posted photo was worn on the lapel collar of the uniform jacket ?
Hwyl,
Bantam
Old 04-01-11, 08:10 PM

Default Prison badges

I noticed in an earlier thread that you had a Kings crown Canadian penitentiary cap badge. I Have a Queen's crown one and the new version that is being used or came after the Queen's crown version. I am on holidays in Hawaii right now and will post pics on my return

Jack
Old 04-01-11, 08:52 PM

Hello Jack
Thanks for your reply, I hope you are enjoying your Holidays, but I lookforward to seeing your images on you return home.

Regards
Destro
Old 04-01-11, 11:04 PM

Default Prison insignia

Destro

It is rough but someone has to endure 85 degrees fehrenheit with sunny skies, lol.

Will post the pics upon my return on the 14th

Jack
Old 04-01-11, 11:30 PM

Default Priqson insignia

Destro

I just realized that I have the pics in my album titled geezer's. If you want to see them before the 14th Jan, you can view them there. Let me know and it will save me posting them on my return.

Jack
Old 05-01-11, 09:29 AM

Hi Geezer,
Thank you for the info I've had a look at your album and found the badges and titles.Very nice thank you.
A fine pedigree as well.
Diolch / Thank you.
Hwyl
Bantam
Old 05-01-11, 10:36 AM

Default HMPS

Hello Geezer

I have just had a look at your Album (and very nice it is) can you tell me if either of the 2 cap badges are still worn, or when was the change over?
I wont be drawn on to the subject of weather conditions !!!
Going back to your Album, there must be a shortage of badges in the RCMP, as you appear to have most of them. When they get new recruits do they have to come and see you for a badge?
Regards

Destro

PS If you can drag your self away from the beach. I do not have a Prison badge from that part of the world...........
Old 05-01-11, 06:01 PM

Default Prison badges

Destro and Bantam

Thanks for your comments.
Yes I do have a few badges but that is what happens when you spend 33years In the RCMP.
Destro, as far as the order of wearing of the prison cap badges, the A/A one was after the kings crown one that you have and then the metal one with the colour inlay came after the A/A one. I do not know if it is the one in use today, it was in use 10 years ago.
I am on the island of Kauai and do not know of any prisons in the immediate area but I will take a look for you, no promises though as the beach,sun and surf is forever calling me. Lol

Jack
Old 15-01-11, 10:06 PM

Smile

hi nice collection of badges very colourful thanks for posting
paj1
Old 15-01-11, 10:32 PM

Default HMP

Thanks Paj
and may I say that is a very nice Avater of yours, is it East Linsey or Lincolnshire?
Regards

Destro
Old 02-03-11, 12:50 AM

Destro and Bantam,

Sorry for being away from this site for so long. I've saved it now so as i can view and comment each night so expect a bit more input from me. I liked that cloth patch odds n sods photo you put on here Destro, I have a few of those and some more that are different as well but still in the same theme.

I went to the galleries of justice again recently (a valentines gift, believe it or not, but she knows how much I'm into my history and collecting etc). I just got her a tripe supper and she was happy lol.

Anyway, I will post some photos for you, and when i get time I'll set some of my collections out and show them to you.