British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-12-10, 04:27 PM

Default Prison related insignia (more)

Prison badge collection, Some more of the above... with a UK & Commonwealth theme.

Destro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prison badge Collection 003.jpg (48.5 KB, 210 views)
Old 29-12-10, 01:07 PM

Hi Destro,
Top line,South Africa 1902-1910 HPC.HMP 1980,s,Last Metal Pattern Senior Officer Male could be Principal Officer but I'm colour blind,Female pattern pillar box style cap,Jersey 70's,Jersey last pattern metal,HMP last metal female pattern,Gurensey,Isle of Man,
2nd line,All Autralian,
3rd line,Canada Correction service a/a,British Columbia ?NZ,NZ,NZ,NZ,Scottish last pattern metal.
The bottom line L/R ? ? Hong Kong q/c,Hong Kong after handover,
Tanginika cap,Tanginika collar and could also be beret,?, ?, Eire,Eire current.
I like the chrome Jersey and both Eire patterns.
Regards,
Hwyl,
Bantam

Last edited by Bantam; 29-12-10 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 29-12-10, 05:15 PM

Hi Bantam
Good effort

Top row: SA HPC Pre 1986 & NI (PO) Last issue (SO) NI female officer, Jersey (1980's) Jersey (Current) Gibralter Geurnsey Isle of Man
2ndrow: Tasmainia Northern Terroitory NSW Victoria Western Australia Queensland
3rd row: Penitentiaries Canada (KC A/A) Alberta (brass) Alberta chrome & gilt) NZ x 4 Scotish
4th row: Bahamas (cap) Bahamas (variation) Hong Kong(old) Hong Kong (new) Tanganyika Tanganyika collar Tanganyika variation Tanganyika variation R of I Officer R of I Chief Officer

I hope that answers your questions......!
Regards

Destro
Old 30-12-10, 02:22 PM

Hi Destro1918,
Thanks very much for that.I must say it's a very nice varied collection.As I have already written I do especially like the enameled Republic of Ireland and Guernsey 70's badges.
I will try and get some pics up for you.
Hwyl
Bantam
Old 30-12-10, 03:56 PM

Hello Bantam

Thankyou for your kind comments, and I look forward to seeing your pics when time permits.

All the best foe 2011.

Destro
Old 02-03-11, 01:04 AM

Wow Destro, you have Jurby/IOM badges! I am in awe now
Old 19-07-12, 07:23 AM

Default One hugh question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro1918 View Post
Prison badge collection, Some more of the above... with a UK & Commonwealth theme.

Destro
Hi Destro,

I found your old post while I was doing some resarch on line. First of all, very impressive collection that you have gotten there? By any chance, I mean with all respect, would you sell or swap the Pre 1997 Hong Kong (ER older style) badge?

It will mean a lot to me! Thank you very much......
Old 22-07-12, 02:25 AM

Hi gents, I've got one or two new additions to my collection that I will post when time permits (and i remember). Destro, I'd love to see the IOM PS items a bit closer if you could photograph them again.

Bantam, I have a few select HMP Jersey items myself that once found (I moved house remember) I will try and post on here.

Do either of you have any MPSC badges? I have some and a few patches as well.

Garry
Old 22-07-12, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekcomp View Post
Hi Destro,

I found your old post while I was doing some resarch on line. First of all, very impressive collection that you have gotten there? By any chance, I mean with all respect, would you sell or swap the Pre 1997 Hong Kong (ER older style) badge?

It will mean a lot to me! Thank you very much......
Seekcomp, I have been offered the badge you are interested in and have seen it around over the years, so it/they do still do exist. I will only add Colonial HMP items to my collection if they are basically the same with a very very slight difference so I normally ignore them. I will keep my eye open for you though and bare it in mind as I do for all the guys that want Palastine Prison items lol.
Old 23-07-12, 03:20 PM

Hi HMPbadges,
It's good to see that you are still with us.It as been a while since there have been any contributions in our collecting field.I must say I'm a little intrigued by your comments regarding Palestine Prisons were you referring to my recent epaulette purchase ?
Hwyl
Bantam
Old 23-07-12, 03:33 PM

Default Palestine Prison Epaulette

Hi HMPbadges,
Decided to submit photo so that others may want to comment.It comes with pretty good provenance and I was fully aware of that when I purchased it.
Hwyl
Bantam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Palestine shoulder.jpg (70.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 24-09-12, 10:54 PM

Hi Bantam and everyone else, I know a guy of a very senior age that was in both the Palestine Police and Prison Service's and try to keep an eye out for items for him as he basically has so much in his collection that I would like in mine. So it's a sweetener really lol.

My problem with this site (and maybe for others) is that I am not updated by email who is talking etc anymore, I only stumbled across the further posts from Destro's original photo by accident tonight, so nice to see people talking and contributing.
Old 24-09-12, 11:02 PM

One recent find (I have other items)

IMG-20120921-00608 (2).jpg