British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-02-22, 12:52 AM

Default Week of Blessings

I knew I had several packages on the way, and they arrived this week, I am of course over the moon about them all, along with a small order from one of my favorite dealers containing a couple of new Scottish badges with tartan backing.

First to arrive was a nice lot of assorted badges all fitting into my collecting areas. These were part of a trade for some of the American militaria and badges that I had. I think we are both very pleased, as I know I am!

Next came this lot of some VERY special items from a Falklands veteran. One of his veteran's ties, a period HMS Fearless cap Tally, that may have been there, and a more recent cap tally for HMS Hermes, which was the aircraft carrier that served there. Finally a very nice pair of Royal Marine Band shoulder titles which were worn while serving as stretcher bearers in the conflict - and my friend got these from an RM bandsman who served in that role aboard one of the hospital ships. Additionally, a very nice book on the RN involvement in the conflict (not pictured). All are truly treasured!

Lastly, three great badges for my VAD, WVS/NAFFI and RAMC collection. The WVS title was worn by WVS ladies who served with the NAFFI overseas in WW2 (see Jon Mills booklet on the NAFFI). Then the RN Hospital VAD patch, and a lovely RAMC sweetheart pin. These were all a gift from a dealer friend, and totally unexpected.

So, to say I have been blessed this past week is an understatement. I sincerely thank everyone for their extremely kind generosity! With the medical issues my wife has been going through the past 2.5 years these were all a real ray of sunshine for me!

Terry
Old 27-02-22, 01:03 AM

There’s certainly some awesome additions to your collection there Terry.
Old 27-02-22, 03:58 AM

Thanks Andy,

I think so! Always fun sorting things out when a batch arrives.

Terry
Old 27-02-22, 12:22 PM

Default New arrivals!

Great stuff, nice to have attributed items.

Rob
Old 08-03-22, 04:47 AM

A nice little update here. A very generous forum member surprised me by sending these two patches for my flag and medical collection. I had poppy flag on my want list so am thrilled to have it, and a nice subdued US Army Medical Command patch.

I continue to be amazed by the generosity of people/collectors I have gotten to know in the UK. To the gentleman for these and to all - my very sincere thank you!

Terry