British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-03-22, 02:14 PM

Default The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Medal presented

Dear Forum,

I was presented with my Platinum Jubilee medal last Monday 14th March previously they had just been collected from the office.

This time presented by the Governor of the Gaol with photo taken in front of portrait of HM The Queen and HMPPS Flag.

My wife also was presented at the same time so very nice occasion.

Had miniatures ,tunics and drop down jacket patches tailored prior to presentation will be dropping of full size to be added shortly. Other items in image red badge is Butler Trust award HMPPS presented to me by HRH Princess Anne,Veterans Badge and HMP Stafford Hidden Heroes badge. Representing 33 years HMPPS and 3 years Army 4th/7th RDG.
Regards
Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DFB4038A-186B-4456-8D65-B7BA816BFD13.jpg (49.1 KB, 122 views)
Old 20-03-22, 03:52 PM

Totally and Absolutely awesome!!! Sounds like a very appropriate ceremony to celebrate a major point in history.

God save the Queen!

Terry
Old 20-03-22, 08:22 PM

Great stuff Stephen!

Still waiting for ours at the 'Granite Palace'. According to our highly efficient Business Hub, our medals are simultaneously 'ordered and waiting to be delivered from Area' and also 'sitting in the No.1's safe awaiting issue'.

We often remark that the normal laws of space, time and physics cease to exist once we cross the cattle grid to work!

Congratulations Sir!

Best wishes and stay safe, Paul.
Old 20-03-22, 09:20 PM

Paul,
ours arrived over a month ago I bet yours are in the same place ours were under the governor’s desk.

I believe they all went out to area Offices at the same time.

Regards
Stephen
Old 20-03-22, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkstone View Post
Paul,
ours arrived over a month ago I bet yours are in the same place ours were under the governor’s desk.

I believe they all went out to area Offices at the same time.

Regards
Stephen
You're probably right mate. I'm just off nights, so will see what happens next week.

Apparently, the nearest establishment to us made a big thing with their presentations a few weeks ago, with buffets, families, photos, etc to accommodate all Divs and shifts. Our current No.1 came from there, so maybe he has plans...!?

Cheers, Paul.
Old 21-03-22, 07:15 AM

...it makes a change are medals were issued via Gov secretary ...sign here...thats it !! saying that with my Meritorious Long Service medal...had similiar to Yorkstone with buffet, presentation,family in attendance etc...a nice day !!
regards Steve
Old 21-03-22, 08:25 AM

It will probably be June before I get mine and you cant offically wear the full size medal till then.

A pitty that so any are already on e-bay. It should be illegal for everyone receiving them to sell them whilst still employed by the qualifying organisation.
Old 21-03-22, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REME 245 View Post
It will probably be June before I get mine and you cant offically wear the full size medal till then.

A pitty that so any are already on e-bay. It should be illegal for everyone receiving them to sell them whilst still employed by the qualifying organisation.
Yes,ebay is littered with them and bringing good money,upto £300. They will only be £50 max in 12 months,cant see the point.

Mind you the one at £3,000.00 with no photo and a seller with zero feedback has me tempted.

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 21-03-22, 09:37 AM

It was Destro and I that fought and won the campaign for Her Majesty’s Prison Service to receive the Queen’s Golden Jubilee medal,as our service had done previously 1977 etc.

We were both on the Queens Services parade 2002 representing HMPS an amazing event (see medallion in my Prisons album) the police fire and ambulance staff were all around us wearing there’s it took until 2005 to win the campaign and be equally recognised medals being backdated to 2002.

We then went on to campaign and help design our Long Service & Good Conduct medal.

Destro and I also visited the Royal mint and had the privilege of stamping out a few

My LS&GC being the first ever officially presented by the then Director General at HMP Stafford. Followed by photos with the family and buffet.

Regards

Stephen

Last edited by yorkstone; 21-03-22 at 09:47 AM.
Old 21-03-22, 09:56 AM

Initially, the police were not going to be awarded the Golden Jubilee Medal.
When the Fed. queried this they were told that it was being awarded only to organisations who had a special relationship with Crown.
The Fed. pointed out that the police swore an oath to the Crown.
It was reported by the press (and confirmed to me by Fire Service personnel) that the award of the medal to to the Fire Service was delayed for months, the price of displeasing politicians.
John Prescott allegedly issued instructions that the medals were not to be awarded with any pomp or ceremony but award ceremonies / parades were held.

The Police LSGC - the qualifying period of 22 years was reduced in 2010 to 20 years, bringing it in line with the criteria for award to other Emergency services, as a result of campaigning by a police officer who is an ex-member of this forum.
Old 22-03-22, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfin View Post
You're probably right mate. I'm just off nights, so will see what happens next week.

Apparently, the nearest establishment to us made a big thing with their presentations a few weeks ago, with buffets, families, photos, etc to accommodate all Divs and shifts. Our current No.1 came from there, so maybe he has plans...!?

Cheers, Paul.
By pure coincidence, I went into work today to the usual onslaught of emails following a week away, and one of them confirms that ours will be presented at a parade on May 10th.
Old 23-03-22, 05:43 PM

Great news Paul

Enjoy your day
Regards
Stephen