British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-21, 04:09 PM

Default Share YOUR WWI Cloth Trade Patches

Greetings Gents,

I would like to start this thread in the hope that we can all learn from one another by sharing our examples of confirmed Great War cloth Trade or Qualification patches.

If you have any examples, let's see them here on this thread and also please show close-up images of the back and the weave styles. Not much research has been done on cloth trade patches specifically from this era. My hope is that in sharing examples that we are confident 'are' indeed from the Great War period, we can start to get a better understanding of those examples produced and worn during this period and importantly how they were constructed.

I will start it off with my own area of interest, that being Motor Cycle Despatch Riders. This is a rare examples where I have photographic evidence of it in use.

Very much looking forward to Your contributions and learning more about this topic.

Cheers,
Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0742.jpg (49.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4550.jpg (92.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4551.jpg (89.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4552.jpg (59.4 KB, 28 views)

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com