British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > The Royal Australian Navy and Air Force (RAN & RAAF)

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-01-16, 05:15 AM

Default Orders for the AFC wing ?

Hello chaps
would anyone have or know where I could get a copy of the AIF order for the manufacture of the AFC wing?

Thanks
Old 06-01-16, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhr View Post
Hello chaps
would anyone have or know where I could get a copy of the AIF order for the manufacture of the AFC wing?

Thanks
Sorry, don't have the AIF Order authorising the above, the Military Order is attached below - and apparently the picture is too big to upload! MO 68/1918 of 16 Feb 18 is the one, I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

AIF Orders did not actually authorise manufacture or procurement if that is what you are after. I am not certain where to look for that material but assume all wings to be private purchase or provided on repurchase.

Keith
Old 06-01-16, 08:46 AM

Thanks keith but yes I know there was an order by the AIf for the AFC colour patch but I thought there would have been one for the AFC wing also.
Old 06-01-16, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhr View Post
Thanks keith but yes I know there was an order by the AIf for the AFC colour patch but I thought there would have been one for the AFC wing also.
Hi jackhr - the order I mentioned above is for the AFC wing - it states..."With reference to Military Order 801/1915, and 85/1916, a new pattern of badge, flying, pilot, has been approved. Sealed Patterns of which will be issued shortly. The new pattern differs from the old in that the letters A.F.C. surmounted by a Crown are used in lieu of letters A.M.F."

I haven't actually come across an AIF Order issued for the wings during my various trawls through NAA: MP390/5, AIF Orders, although that doesn't mean one didn't exist, I might simply have missed it.

Keith
Old 06-01-16, 10:28 AM

Keith could you email me the order you have or tell me how I could down load it.

jrm@bigpond.net.au

Thanks Rob