British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-18, 07:07 PM

Default Fake SF patch

All,
Be aware this is fake
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223045081921
The vendor is aware and he is a member on here, but saves you wasting time bidding on something inadvertently.
Happy collecting
Jon
Old 07-07-18, 07:44 PM

Seller clearly states original.
Old 07-07-18, 11:13 PM

Default Sas

I concur with Jon.
It is another modern fake I’m afraid!
Old 08-07-18, 02:48 AM

It is. Similar to a known genuine patch but the finish gives it away.
Old 09-07-18, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JON188 View Post
All,
Be aware this is fake
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223045081921
The vendor is aware and he is a member on here, but saves you wasting time bidding on something inadvertently.
Happy collecting
Jon
Very similiar patch was offered a few years ago as a replica:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAS repro.jpg (114.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-07-18, 08:47 PM

Bit sly Jon to send me text messages on Saturday only for me to agree with you and say I wasn’t sure when I listed it. I said to you I would inform the winning bidder as I am unable to amend the listing on eBay iOS app (I’m away in Ibiza and can’t access a laptop or computer) and you still post this? It’s like making me out to be a fraudster when there is no intent to deceive.
As clearly stated in my auction, full refund for any reason if not happy

Now you’ve just made yourself look stupid
Old 09-07-18, 09:02 PM

Texts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 494D1941-F67C-4A5D-A89D-D580B032906F.jpg (44.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 09-07-18, 09:17 PM

Jack,
I've NOT even read the lost you've just put after reading the first sentence.
I wasn't being SLY mate, I was informing members on here not to bid to negate them having to waste their time (and yours in refunds).
As per the original thread. You will also note Jack that I didnt reference you to risk causing offence (blatan8i failed).
You said to me mate that you couldn't cancel the listing as you'd made it on A mobile device and you'd refund the winner after the auction close.
Am I therefore wrong in letting members know pal?
I've always been fair mate, and informed you if I thought something was not right. Isnt that what this hobby is about?
Anyone who knows me, I hope knows me as a decent collector who will help anyone out.
Enough said. I'll refrain from offering advice in the future. I've no reputation I have to worry about. Thought I was helping out the masses.
Happy collecting guys.
NoW I will look at your thread.
Old 09-07-18, 09:19 PM

Default Stupidity?

I cannot see where I've made myself look stupid mate? Blatantly trying to do the right thing. Enjoy Ibiza.
KR
Jon
Old 09-07-18, 09:46 PM

Well Jon you didn’t say that you had spoken to me over text and that I had agreed with you and I would let the winning bidder know and cancel the transaction if they wanted?
That’s what I object to! And you only said “the vendor is aware and is a member” and not what I had mentioned above
I don’t mind people knowing it’s me but the link to the auction gave it away anyway
And I’m really not bothered as I have absolutely nothing to hide and always have offered a full refund to anyone not happy with their purchase. And as I have previously mentioned in other threads, I don’t do all this for the money or to scam people, I do it to increase my chances of sourcing items for my own collection.
Your comments are true but it’s nice to give people the full picture, which is only fair

Best wishes
Jack
Old 09-07-18, 09:57 PM

Jack,
As stated I was t about to plaster your name on this site, as the piece in discussion isnt everyone's cup of tea.
I would have thought you'd be happy with that?
Anyway, I'll happily in the future draw reference directly if you feel that's of more benefit?
Quite honestly, I'll happily steer anyone away from gash.
Too many lose money to unscrupulous people, which is NOT what I was referring to in the thread start mate.
I'm sure you too have lost money, or time and effort associated with refunds etc in the past mate.
On this matter as far as I'm concerned ENDEX
Old 10-07-18, 12:07 AM

There’s a lot of this going on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E4410AB8-31C4-4AA7-A5BC-0BE1C974B258.jpg (72.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 10-07-18, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
There’s a lot of this going on
Yes mainly because one cannot be expected to know about every aspect of militaria especially in this difficult forensic age of militaria forgery and analysis

If a dealer offers a no quibbles refund policy and their intent is not to deceive it protects the buyer from wasting money on fakes and also protects the reputation of the seller as far as I’m concerned. No one has been ripped off if no money is exchanged or the payment refunded in full

Believe me it’s not easy doing this. I have people who buy items from my website and a few days later they get cold feet and request a refund. Again I’m happy to come to agreement. But it is very easy to sit in the comfort of your home browsing a forum and poke holes in online auction sales or dealer’s sites
Old 10-07-18, 06:32 AM

I never point out fakes on auctions or dealer sites, if someone asks and I know I will give an opinion wether on the forum or elsewhere. You yourself have used the forum for ID etc and to give an opinion, so I’m confused why you haven’t in this case when you say your not sure.
This is not the only fake you have listed at the moment or in past listings which have been brought up on here so I’m not surprised you have a lot of returns.
Paul
Old 10-07-18, 06:51 AM

Out of fairness to both parties I have looked at Jack Dutton Roberts listings on ebay and am apalled at the very large amount of obviously 100% FAKE British Military Badges, ALL of which start with the word "ORIGINAL" in the title.

As Paul says this is one of several occasions where the badges he has sold are questionable to say the least.

So, Jack, if you are sincere in what you say, you have the opportunity to end the items on ebay. Bet you dont though!!

Disappointed.

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Closed Thread