British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-01-20, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Not officer's but 2 seem to be RMA and the others just the wreath and globe.
Magpie

I don't believe the 2 you refer to are RMA as they would have been wearing the grenade style badge. I have a feeling these are all Engineers and the 2 with cap badges where the globe and laurel appears to have an additional piece at the top may well be the badge pictured below.

Paddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Royal Marine Engineers Private's Cap Badge (GM).jpg (84.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 21-01-20, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Magpie

I don't believe the 2 you refer to are RMA as they would have been wearing the grenade style badge. I have a feeling these are all Engineers and the 2 with cap badges where the globe and laurel appears to have an additional piece at the top may well be the badge pictured below.

Paddy
Paddy,

That is an interesting badge. How is it constructed, struck in one piece or are the flames added to a collar badge?

Andrew
Old 21-01-20, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Wood View Post
I am pretty sure that it is a King's crown.

Apologies, I was talking about the image posted by Simon, in the second image.
Old 21-01-20, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzer View Post
Paddy,

That is an interesting badge. How is it constructed, struck in one piece or are the flames added to a collar badge?

Andrew
Andrew

The badge I have pictured is not genuine, it is one I put together as a representative piece to fill a gap until a the unlikely time that a genuine one turns up (I will then deconstruct the one I have). There is a genuine one pictured on page 191 of Personal Distinctions. I believe it is made up of a RM globe & laurel and the top of a generic fusiliers regiment shoulder title/collar grenade.

Paddy
Old 22-01-20, 04:24 PM

A better view,seems to be your badge paddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img023.jpg (22.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg img024.jpg (53.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 25-01-20, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Andrew

The badge I have pictured is not genuine, it is one I put together as a representative piece to fill a gap until a the unlikely time that a genuine one turns up (I will then deconstruct the one I have). There is a genuine one pictured on page 191 of Personal Distinctions. I believe it is made up of a RM globe & laurel and the top of a generic fusiliers regiment shoulder title/collar grenade.

Paddy
Hi Paddy,

Many thanks. Is the original badge constructed in such a way as yours or is it struck in one piece?

Cheers,

Andrew