British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-03-23, 04:18 PM

Default the 4th/7th and 5th skins

Has anyone got any good pictures of these regiments post 1922 pre 1993 ceremonial dress ?.
Or tell me what the uniform was pretty sure 5th skins green trousers yellow strip and a red white plume.
what helmet plates did they have is it like the lancers who had each different regiment . did the Dragoons wear pre 1922 uniforms for the 4th ....5th...6th ...and 7th dragoons from 1922 1992.

Rgs Mac
Old 13-03-23, 04:35 PM

Default wrong thread

can the above be moved to the cav section please

Rgs Mac
Old 13-03-23, 08:34 PM

Mac
Simple answer for the 4th/7th yes the band wore helmets with both plates

I recall seeing a pile of helmet plates in the main stores they wouldn’t let me have one also piles of old red tunics likewise I was later told they burnt all the tunics

I have images of me in Blues dress cross belt George Boots on the pouch I wore anodised badge I purchased from the PRI often described as senior ranks arm badge
I saw Sgts wear metal and Bullion versions on there uniforms

Anodised was worn by troopers on the Black pouch With which I was provided to attend St James Palace early 1984.

Duty NCO also wore same patten cross belt white belt pouch black plastic. I was with the regimental 1982-85.

Regards

Stephen