British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Indian Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-05-21, 01:38 PM

Thank you Sunil that’s very helpful and wonderful to see. As you say visually very pleasing indeed.

Can I ask, if any, which numbers of those you posted are the OR badges or are they all officers? Many thanks again.

I am considering, once a few of my current themes are a bit more complete, potentially collecting badges representative of the Indian Corps on the Western Front. I find their cavalry badges especially pleasing on the eye in most cases.
Old 15-05-21, 01:50 PM

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to make those pictures. It has a lot of documentary value, I guess also for Luke.

A lot of different badges for each regiment also. I guess some are shoulder titles. But, as far as I know some Shoulder titles where used as headdress badges also.

While they tell me and others where to look for, I am afraid I can not really use them for the web-site. For that about the same size of image is needed, but then from an individual badge. Also it must be (almost) straight on else it will be distorted om the page. Of course best is a scanner, but camera is possible. I will not ask that from you. What you did is already very helpful. Also I am not sure the author will like it when his images are copied on some web-site.

And yes, I agree, the book is phenomenal.

Interested in the lineage of the unit your badge represents?
Try: Regimental lineages