British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-02-10, 05:34 PM

Default Fake producers offer!!!

I got this strange message on my ad. Makes you think!!!

Scarce 21st SAS wing late 1940-ties

We are pleased to introduce myself as a manufacturers of all types embroidery badges & patches. We request you to please send us your urgent inquries or trial orders along with your own samples, drawings, rough sketches or send us their color pictures with full specifications by an e-mail attachments for our guidance and duplication with competitive prices for your inspection approval and cofirming of orders . Your immediate response on the subject will be highly appreciated. For more details about us please visit our web site i.e www.shanent.com
Old 11-02-10, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Pakistani "reproducer". In Canada, one of the problems arises when the units go to suppliers like these fellows and buy a run of badges. Then they are on issue....
Old 11-02-10, 06:12 PM

Metal Bages ?

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 11-02-10, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hi P.B, I don't see Canadian metal from this guy, but there are several units that have acquired Pakistani made badges.
Old 11-02-10, 06:47 PM

You would be surprised (maybe not) at how many UK MoD suppliers use Pakistan, India, and China for the production of the items they supply.
Old 12-02-10, 12:50 AM

Unfortunately, it is often the case that there is no domestic supplier who can provide the needed items, can only supply them at many times the price of those produced in Pakistan. This situation creates horrible problems for collectors in the future, when it is difficult to differentiate between badges made in Sialkot and the genuine ones made domestically (in the UK, Australia, Canada, etc). However, from the point of view of the cash-strapped unit that needs the gear, the off-shore manufacturers are often the only viable option. Just my two cents' worth from the other side of the fence.
Wyn
Old 12-02-10, 03:18 PM

He joined the Wehrmacht Awards forum yesterday to advertise his merchandise in various topics. He was expelled instantly.
Old 12-02-10, 10:10 PM

I've had many Pakistani badge makers spam me via my Australian Armour website.

I even put a "I'm not interested in badges being made etc" in my contact form yet they annoyingly continue to spam.

Mick

ps

I have in my collection a really shonky looking cast brass Western Australian University Regiment hat badge from the 1970s with lugs that was made in Pakistan when official stocks dried up.