British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-03-19, 09:27 PM

Well done Tony. I bet that coat a fair amount.

So last week I decided to collect the badges of the Royal Dragoon Guards (and predecessors). As my name suggests 'restrikes are fine' as I want to keep the cost down. All ok so far. Then decided to collect the shoulder titles too. Not so many of them around is there !

What I'm after is a lead for 6 Innisklilling Dragoons and 4 Royal Irish Dragoon Guards shoulder titles. Thanks !
Old 17-03-19, 03:39 PM

Both are very common badges indeed, for the period concerned in this thread, they were certainly worn for long enough.
Whilst a really pleasing 5th Lancers is, these days, perhaps, a little difficult, an unworn 21st Lancers can be had with considerable ease, in actual fact, I really cannot remember seeing a broken example for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Purcell View Post
Superb collection, Dean, especially envious of the 5th and 21st Lancers; so hard to find undamaged.
Old 17-03-19, 03:40 PM

Very nice and getting quite expensive these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooke07 View Post
Hi all,

Nearly there on a representative collection of WW1 British cavalry badges and shoulder titles. One title to go and then will pop them in an album with each badge and title shown separately as well.

Cheers Dean

Tags
cavalry, great war, ww1 badges