British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-10-20, 07:52 PM

Default Hi from the Netherlands

Hello all,

Small introduction from me.
I am Niels, live in the Netherlands and collect allied military related to the liberation of my home area. My focus is the 51st Highland Division, the 15th Scottish Division, 53rd Welsh and the 11th Armoured, 79th Armoured and the 33rd Tank Brigade and the 4rd Armoured Brigade.
I have been collecting for over 25 years but the focus has come in the last 10 years.
Hope to learn something here

Bye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010184.jpg (32.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 13-10-20, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Niels, welcome to the Forum. Your account is active and open for posts.
Old 15-10-20, 03:23 PM

Hello Niels,
I lived in the Netherlands for a number of years and speak Dutch.
I have some information, documents, badges etc that I collected relating to the fighting around Den Bosch.

In the coming days, I'll have a look and see what I have left and let you know...there may be something of interest there.

I was a member of the local historical group and have some publications that were only for the area...typically; Den Bosch, Nuland, Geffen, Nijmegen and the villages surrounding.

I used to have a similar battledress blouse which was badged up for a Staff Sergeant in the Artillery, 53rd Division...alas sold some years ago.

Do you have the History of the 53rd Division book? I think I may still have that. I know I have the locally made publications.

I met quite a few people in the area who told me of their experiences; including the grandmother of my ex-wife who found children playing with an "airplane". She called the local vicar who went by bicycle to Den Bosch to report it to the garrison commander (Luftwaffe)...came back by Kublewagen and it turned out that the "airplane" was in fact a V1 !! he ordered the guard to get all the children off it and put a guard on it until the experts took it away. This was also the first one that the Garrison commander had ever seen!

I learnt the exact spots where tanks were destroyed (some pics in the publications), where a Canadian aircraf crashed and all crew killed...etc etc etc

m.vr.gr
Paul
Old 15-10-20, 04:56 PM
MarkGD

Welcome Neils, Regards Mark