British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-07-20, 04:16 PM

Default Fake badges

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203057250689

Some the ageing, patina call it what you like looks good n some these badges. I’m helping out a young family friend just started collecting and it’s a worry. This selling has the classic repro badges as well though. 96th glengarry no2 construction CEF etc
Old 24-07-20, 05:56 PM

One of the 'tall orb' dodgy gun badges. I don't think I've ever handled a good one. Regards, Paul.
Old 24-07-20, 06:40 PM

Cheers war dog I agreed imagine a youngster looking at this though it looks the part if you’re not sure. I don’t know if I’d start collecting now but I’m pleased youngsters are taking it up.
Old 24-07-20, 06:40 PM

Re your young family friend I did a couple of frames for my grandchildren from my line collection -in album section If Idid not have these then I would have gone for modern regiments not so many fakes and you can obtain a 'nice 'collection for very little money A good entry level Couple of my modern regiments in my album -various regiments/yeo I have a fairly comprehensive collection of amalgamated regiment post 1958-9 and would be happy to post if of interest The only infantry in my album at present is D &D
David
Old 24-07-20, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
Re your young family friend I did a couple of frames for my grandchildren from my line collection -in album section If Idid not have these then I would have gone for modern regiments not so many fakes and you can obtain a 'nice 'collection for very little money A good entry level Couple of my modern regiments in my album -various regiments/yeo I have a fairly comprehensive collection of amalgamated regiment post 1958-9 and would be happy to post if of interest The only infantry in my album at present is D &D
David
I agree with you David,but some of the modern regts have a large amount of badges and related insignia. You think you have an easy task,but it becomes harder as you go along.