British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Home Front

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-07-18, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miller View Post
Have you seen my Tesco helmet discussed previously here?

Rob

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ighlight=tesco
Hahahaha
Old 17-07-18, 05:40 PM

yes. Your point being?

there's a load of questionable markings out there....but there's also a lot of "that-can't-possibly-be-right" out there too....
Old 22-09-18, 01:35 PM

Any further updates on when the book is due out?
Old 09-10-18, 12:16 PM

I know Adrian has had this book in the offing for quite a while now, certainly since the old MHCC days, and hopefully at least one of mines in there too! Hope to see it out ASAP that’d be brilliant!
Old 27-11-18, 07:55 AM

So sorry guys....I missed the question....'was kinda hoping I'd get a "nudge" when a post has been added to (that I've previously contributed to)....I'll now try to find what I've switched off (my next book is about computers.....NOT!!!)

The book is now being proof read...I wanted to put one more helmet in - I've been tracking it down for photos for about 5 years....I've now bought the bloomin' thing which solved two problems in one.....it's snapped, it's in (but I still don't know what it is!.....perhaps I should stress that the book raises questions...it's not all answers!). So the bottom line is it will miss Christmas...which is sad as I had Elton John lined up for the high profile TV advert launch.... :-)
Old 27-11-18, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Black Bands View Post
So the bottom line is it will miss Christmas...which is sad as I had Elton John lined up for the high profile TV advert launch.... :-)
He couldn't make it anyway as our parish council have booked him to open the Scouts Jumble Sale and Whist Drive.
Old 19-06-19, 08:45 AM

.....'thought I'd snap a few fanned pre-production pages just to prove that it's still coming...

Seriously, I snapped these during final proof reading to show the kind of stuff it includes. Don't fret about the holes...they're for MY 2-Ring Binder...it won't come like that (or at least, I hope not!). Similarly any scribbles which may be shown are our "working notes".

It's now in the capable hands of the printers so apart from going out of business, fire, floods, theft by foreign hackers, colour mismatch, Binders striking, rocketing paper prices, transport mishaps, theft in transit, lack of suitable storage space, legal disputes, poor reviews, a new Govt tax on book production, surprise publication of a similar work etc etc ...everything should be fine!

...with a target launch at this years War and Peace Show (UK)...

A few people have already flicked through earlier Drafts...and feedback was positive so fingers crossed. Thank you for your interest.

I'll report again when (if ?) they're in hand and the launch is confirmed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fanned pages shrunk.jpg (80.3 KB, 96 views)
Old 19-06-19, 09:14 AM

A great looking book on a neglected subject.
Old 19-06-19, 12:44 PM

I have had a very small involvement with the creation of this book and can't praise it enough. If you are even remotely interested in either the Home Front or Helmets then you should buy a copy. Got my order in already and can't wait.

Jon
Old 19-06-19, 01:50 PM

....if everyone who ACTUALLY had "a very small involvement" in it had contributed as much as you the book would've been MASSIVE!

Thank you for the kind words
Old 19-06-19, 05:11 PM

It looks to be an interesting and useful book, is there any estimate of price please?
Old 20-06-19, 06:35 PM

I saw a book the other day / month on painted / decalled insignia on 2nd WW British helmets. I wrote down the details on the proverbial 'back of an envelope' and can't find it.

I'm afraid I won't buy it (I reserve my pennies for badges but I haunt libraries !). Does it include HG badges (as in King's Regt decal / paint) which I hope to get a reference. Is there one on 1st W 'badges' on helmets ?
Old 21-06-19, 05:53 AM

The book you MAY have seen might be one called "British Painted Steel" by Ollie Lock...it just came out and is a large format book with (very) large pics of badged / camo'd Brit helmets. I'm afraid I don't know if WW1 or HG items are included but there's bound to be info online somewhere.

They are NOT in my forthcoming book which won't be in any Libraries....unless they buy a copy from me :-)

Good luck with your quest!
Old 07-07-19, 08:35 AM

I am looking forward to the release of your book. and will definitely buy a copy.
Old 13-07-19, 04:20 PM

I think it's fair to say that we can now drop the "Forthcoming"!

Our book will be launched at this years War and Peace Show in Kent (UK) later this month. I attach some snaps to provide a high level overview......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7135.jpg (44.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7136.jpg (40.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7140.jpg (40.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7141.jpg (54.0 KB, 43 views)