British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-01-09, 06:23 PM

Default Ww2 silver para badges collection

Hi again just found how to stick photos on . This is a group of para items i bought from a carboot sale off a middle aged lady who's father was in the paras cost me 25 quid the christmas card has pictures of 1st air landing brigade group and signed with love peter 3rd parachute bn would he of been in the air landing brigade and have para wings?? the handkerchief is framed and in great condition. The badges are the best bit i think one is nickel and the other is hallmarked silver the marks are for 1943 and jrg&s i think gaunt the pictures arnt great but ill get better i hope any idea on rarity and maybe a bit of history on the 1st air landing brigade would be of great help as im more in to us equipment thanks rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 103.jpg (8.6 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg PARE BADGES FRONT.jpg (12.2 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 107.jpg (48.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 106.jpg (13.9 KB, 63 views)
Old 06-01-09, 06:48 PM
Badge Guru

Are you sure your not winding us up on forum?

The hallmarked silver badge I would rate at around 300 - 400 pounds, assuming is hasnt been brooched, which is difficult to tell from your picture. The other badge is a nickel silver plate, one example with the one lug broken off sold recently for 82 US Dollars. As a group those items are of course worth more.

Shame the lady didnt bring any smelly old clothes to the car boot. That is where the real money resides in Airborne items these days. Regardless, a nice set and if you cared to drop the name of the officer in question into a post here I`m sure it would be incredibly easy to research him just by using Google........was most probably at Arnhem.

Last edited by Jibba Jabba; 06-01-09 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-01-09, 07:04 PM

Really im not winding anyone up i come across a lot of bits on the carboot i buy and sell antiques and jewlery and started collecting militaria when i was 11 my main interest is deac guns as im now an civy armourer for a well known gun firm i get alot of stuff and just dont know were to find a honest opnion so i thought id try the experts the 101 badge ive asked about really was passed down that and a pair of german binos the rest i buy every week ive got a box of about 150 british badges ive bought i know abit about the history of some items but just like to know an experts opinion in the box theres a sas para wings and a lrdg flash a dealer has said are real but you lot know best
regards rich
Old 06-01-09, 07:15 PM
Badge Guru

I really should get to those car boots.

Actually I know very little what I have learnt is from people like Peter on forum who has written books on the subject. Prices Ive picked up from looking at dealers web sites and eBay.

It sounds like you have a really good collection of badges. To find a 101 troop, a 3 Para officers and then a SAS lot is near impossible for most collectors in a lifetime. You must be a very lucky person.
Old 06-01-09, 07:25 PM

I'd like to thankyou for all your help I hope I havnt come across as trying to ask to much to soon it's just a really good forum on all subject concerning badges I'll have to try and make an album I've a lot of silver officers badges I might put in Rich