British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Sweetheart, Veteran, Lapel Badges and Challenge Coins

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-12-09, 02:46 AM

Default Unfinished 10th Siege Battery sweetheart?

Hi All

I just picked this up today among other things and despite the lack of a pin or loop for a watch fob i could not pass it up. The item is struck in silver and has a "STERLING" mark as well as a unicorn in a box and is in the form of a mini 10th Halifax Siege Battery badge. The peice is nicely detailed and well made and 100% period but I am wondering if others have seen similar pieces with no form of attachment. I am including a couple of photos one is the other purchase of the day a unrelated RCR pair with associated pieces. I look forward to your views.

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01974.JPG (87.9 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01979.JPG (47.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01970.jpg (45.3 KB, 47 views)
Old 24-03-11, 01:24 AM

Default 10 siege battery

Hello from a very new member. I'm looking for a badge or pin for the 10 siege battery to go with a S&W and holster carried by an officer who served in this unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian
Old 26-03-11, 04:21 PM

Default Officer Cap Badge - 10th Seige Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastex View Post
Hello from a very new member. I'm looking for a badge or pin for the 10 siege battery to go with a S&W and holster carried by an officer who served in this unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian
Arctic Medals has an officers for sale ($500).

http://www.arcticmedals.com/catalog/...39/4629555.htm

Cheers,

Geoff
Old 29-03-11, 04:13 AM

Hi Geoff,

If you're having a hard time getting one (or if the one at Arctic Medals is gone) drop me a line at my email address.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 29-03-11, 04:16 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S. Regt. View Post
Hi All

I just picked this up today among other things and despite the lack of a pin or loop for a watch fob i could not pass it up. The item is struck in silver and has a "STERLING" mark as well as a unicorn in a box and is in the form of a mini 10th Halifax Siege Battery badge. The peice is nicely detailed and well made and 100% period but I am wondering if others have seen similar pieces with no form of attachment. I am including a couple of photos one is the other purchase of the day a unrelated RCR pair with associated pieces. I look forward to your views.

Stephen
Stephen, Ref the SH badge. I had one for the RIR from a relative without fittings, she used to 'tack' it onto her favourite blouse with suitable thread. Nice badge.
David
Old 29-03-11, 07:00 PM

Hi David

I just figured it was for something that the buyer wanted to add his unit insignia to, like a silver box, cigerette case, ect. I have seen similar things including cap badges used the same way. I have a match safe and a cigerette case with 25th Battalion insignia on them I like finding this sort of thing. Similar to your relative's piece I have some broached badges (I do not wear them however) she should have had a pin put on it to make it a little easier for her.

regards
Stephen