British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-08-20, 03:36 AM

Default Liverpool Scottish (Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders) for your References!!!!

Hello Everyone

(This is for your Picture Files / References)

Though I would share this Little Cracker with you all, as I have never known who the maker was until today.

The Liverpool Scottish (Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders),

ON CLOSER EXAMINATION WITH A STRONG MAGNIFYING GLASS, (Thank's to Tony B for letting me know), I COULD ONLY MAKE OUT (J Gaunt.London), MEASURING THE LENGTH OF THE (MAKER MARK), IT MEASURED (15mm) With a (DOT.), AFTER (Gaunt) MAKES THIS BADGE OUT TO BE A 1970's (RE - STRIKE), CONFIRMED BY THE INFORMATION IN THE (MAKER'S MARK'S), GALLERY.

Hope this Helps
Thanks Mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200807_151034.jpg (115.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 20200807_150930.jpg (99.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 11-08-20, 07:12 AM

I would be happy with the badge, I've always assumed the 15mm copy mark is 'slider specific'.
Tony.
Old 11-08-20, 07:45 AM

There is another manufacturer - but an eastern maker (?Pakistan) a load were ordered by the last bit of Lpl Scots because they didn't like the AA version!
Old 11-08-20, 01:08 PM

Smile

Yes
You have both made my day, I have had the badge since the early 1990's, and seen the 15mm mark on sliders, so with the rule always summised it covered everything, will have to change my description now.
Again thank you very much and best wishes.
Old 11-08-20, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR View Post
There is another manufacturer - but an eastern maker (?Pakistan) a load were ordered by the last bit of Lpl Scots because they didn't like the AA version!
What sort of date was this Julian ?

Azams supplied a number of Yeomanry arm badges to the British Army in the 1970s . I think Peter B posted a document saying the DLOY was made by them. I've seen the Worcs pear leaves badge in anodised made by Azams as the MOD wont fund them.
Old 11-08-20, 09:01 PM

I think it was around 1965 ! I think there is more info in Chris Marsh's AA book - for the AA that the unit didn't like. (dangerously modern for me! - but need to understand it)