British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-08-22, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Re-RAN Female Relative badge, given the missing serial number and the fact the maker's name is in the wrong position I would be concerned as to its authenticity. Maker's name is usually behind the crown and serial number is where the makers name appears. Also the maker's name and the STG SIL marks are not stamped in.

With regards to the two Returned Sailor's Badges the N6044 badge was part of a later order. I think badges with an N prefix were ordered after the accounts for WW1 were closed off. Regards. Joe
hey Joe
thanks for the reply.
interesting thoughts. both these badges i purchased directly from STOKES when they closed down many years ago. i always assumed the N6044 badge was never issued as it was still with the manufacturer. i have never looked to see if the Female Relative badge was numbered until this thread. wonder if it was a sample? anyway, i am intregued by them both.
cheers
bc