British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-06-16, 05:43 PM

Thank you for the update, sadly I could not make it for obvious reasons. It is good to hear Kath appreciated our condolances.
Old 07-06-16, 09:21 PM

Oh Bugger !! Like many on the forum I am much saddened to hear of Dave's untimely passing .
To me, he was a skilled artisan who always undercharged for his work.

But more importantly he was a genuinely nice guy, a man of his word and fiercely loyal to his friends ... He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family and friends
RIP
Steve
Old 08-06-16, 07:18 AM

Dave was one in a million. This is the saddest news I have read for a long time. R.I.P. Dave.
JohnG
Old 08-06-16, 02:23 PM

Default Dave's Funeral

Like many I was sadly not able to attend Dave’s funeral, but am glad to hear those that did make it gave him a good send off. I am personally still shocked by the suddenness of it all, and even now am finding it hard to get my head around what has happened. Having said that, I have no doubt Dave will soon be putting his skills to use on the other side, and is probably now looking at giving those pearly gates of Saint Peter’s a good old renovation!

My sincere condolences again to his family

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”
Old 17-06-16, 06:08 PM

Further message from Andy P.

Dave's family are still tied up until the Coroners inquest has been held on the 6th July but Andy will be able start posting out the forum members badges that Dave had after this date.

Please be patient as Andy a lot of badges to sort through and get back to members.

Thanks, Ivan
Old 17-06-16, 07:04 PM

Please let Andy know there's no rush in returning these badges, I wouldn't want to bother him or the family right now.
Old 17-06-16, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Please let Andy know there's no rush in returning these badges, I wouldn't want to bother him or the family right now.
Thanks, I'll pass the message on although I do think Andy is keen to resolve things as soon as possible not only for forum members but for Dave's family's peace of mind.

Thanks, Ivan
Old 18-06-16, 09:51 AM

What shocking news.

A man who gave so much to this forum and its members - not only with his marvellous badge repairing skills but through his frank opinions, integrity and great sense of humour, with that rare quality of being able to laugh at himself. One of the most entertaining and highly regarded members on this forum.

He will be greatly missed not only by those who had the privilege to know him personally, but by those from around the world who, like me, knew him only through this forum and the odd PM.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to his family.

RIP Dave - a true gentleman.