Thread: 1VB Leicesters
View Single Post
Old 09-02-22, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooke07 View Post
In my Leicestershire album I have a silver bladed 1st VB Leicestershire regiment badge and an OSD 1st VB Leicestershire regiment badge both with Gaunt B'ham makers marks. They are both different to the ones in this post. I am particularly reminded that some time ago I listed what I believed to be genuine VB badges to a number of regiments to be told that the majority were not genuine. I promptly apologised and withdrew them from sale. A former member with an extensive VB collection subsequently acquired them outside of the Forum and all bar two, in his experienced eyes, were determined to in fact be genuine.

Furthermore, when I originally posted a Gaunt marked B'ham Leicestershire badge I copped a fair bit of flack until the timeline was better understood that the Gaunt mark for B'ham is particular to the Leicester's and some other early badges.

I am hence now shy on commenting where I do not have sufficient experience to make any definitive observations especially when a listing is live.

A number of the items like the Officers 1st VB S/G collars and the 3rd Militia glengarry were very nice but I could not run to them. I have no doubt that those items are genuine.

Cheers Dean
I think you raise some good points Dean. Sad to hear I missed the sale of some of your V.B.’s! Let me know if you have any left to dispose of.

Also I don’t think you should be shy on commenting. Everyone’s opinion is valued.

Was the plaque on your die stamped badge with SA hons in brass or WM?

Incidentally Ticker’s album also contains some Leicestershire V.B.’s for comparisons:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...hp?albumid=843