View Single Post
Old 27-06-19, 11:41 AM

Default QVC 5th Dragoon Guards Badge - Cap or Collar?

Dear All,

I have this QVC badge to the 5th Dragoon Guards, which accompanies a Kings South Africa Medal to a 5DG Trumpeter Lance Corporal, who played kettle drums, centre stage, at the 1903 Delhi Durbar. I have checked your own webpage https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/br...oon_guards.htm, but still not sure if it is a collar or cap badge (and to officer and or other rank)?

In the vertical shot, the badge sits between the 2 and the 8 cm marks.

Grateful for any advice (and thanks),

Owen

Edited to add reply from Lancer 17 (see his post below):

G'day Owen

From your photos its hard to tell weather its a cap or collar and the tape measure really doesn't show. However my QVC 5th DG cap badge is 40 mm high and the QVC collar is 33mm high and both are Bi Metal, that is a Brass/Gilding Metal back ground and with a circular White Metal centre. Both the cap and collar have 2 E - W lugs, yours appears to be all brass and with 2 lugs.

I hope that this helps.

Regards Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5DG 1.jpg (109.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 5DG 2.jpg (107.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 5DG 3.jpg (111.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by ojd; 27-06-19 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Edited to add reply from Lancer 17 (see his post below)