View Single Post
Old 09-03-21, 04:05 PM

Default Wedding photo identification Help?

Hello members, I have a photo mystery and need to identify what units or Regiments two men belong to in a wedding photograph. This identification may help to get the photo back into the hands of relatives of the people in the photograph. The groom appears to be in the Parachute Regiment but the best man appears to be something else. He seems to be wearing a GS cap and the cap badge to me appears to be a Fusilier style badge. His arm patches are hard to see but some general detail can be seen. It looks as if the top patch is the winged pegasus Airborne patch. His uniform is lighter in color than the groom also. All opinions are welcome! I don't know too much about uniform or patches but it seems an identification of the units is possible from how they are dressed. The photo was found in Ashford, Kent, UK and dated November 10th 1945. I'm trying to locate the church but so far Essex churches have not been a match. The uniform and unit identification might help in placing the men in a certain area. Any ideas from the members? Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg church.jpg (54.7 KB, 117 views)