View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
The anodised version will have been worn in the cap up to amalgamation a few years ago.
The cloth beret badge was worn in the 90s most certainly. Somebody with a deeper interest in Cavalry items will probaly have a better idea of exactly when they were brought in. There are at least 2 variations of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkstone View Post
Metal cap badges I bought or gifted 1980’s whilst serving,

Bought from PRI and were worn,

Scots DG provided by my pall on same course, Royal Hussars bought in Germany Hohne camp they did shoulder titles also I bought a pair, 13/18 Hussars bought in Herford Germany, 16th 5th Lancers given to me 1985/6 time when my old school pal was at Tidworth, QDG, 15th/19th Hussars I bought Bovington camp 1985

9th/12 NCO’s wore a brass armoured car badge on their arm also at this time in working dress and dress uniform.

all new manufactured badges at the time,

Regards

Stephen
Thanks both, I appreciate both of you taking time to explain it to me, especially as I'm still new to collecting badges.

I'd say with all that information it's definitely a PRI item like the examples Stephen mentioned. It's not really the type of thing I'll display, but I'll keep it around for reference.