View Single Post
Old 03-06-19, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesters View Post
Andy,

I accept that its GVIR, I just wasnt sure.

However, you say its a "Senior Warrant Officers" badge & that confuses matters for me.

I have not seen any reference to Grenadier Guards Warrant Officers cap badges being split by class, ie Senior & Junior. All references I know of just state "Warrant Officers" (with no distinction as to class) ie WO1, WO2 (and whilst this badge existed also WO3), and again all references I know of only state that they wore a Bimetal badge of the same style, But NOT in Gilt.

The Warrant Officers badge in bimetal is quite easy to find but the same one in gilt like mine is very hard to find.

The reference to S/gilt badges being for Commissioned QM's comes from K&K of course.

Can you give some further explaination as to why you think this is not a Comm.QM badge as per K&K and also your reference to it being a 'Senior' WO badge, as I am confused.

regards
Simon
I have seen quite a few King George VI grenades gilded. My reason for the Quarter-Master not wearing a metal grenade is just an opinion. However i have seen no evidence, and why would he be different to other Officers ? KLR put me on to the Public Records Office and i now have the sealed pattern no.s.( somewhere ) wo1,2 and 3 are not mentioned the word staff is though. And the type of materials is also mentioned. Dress regs 1904 mentions the Bronze grenade.
Andy