Thread: NZ ASC
View Single Post
Old 21-01-19, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
I am well aware that the larger badge is for cap and the smaller for collar. The significance I am requesting is whether voided and unvoided badges would be reflected by Sealed patterns and whether a set would comprise voided cap and collars / unvoided cap and collars. Also would a time pattern reflect the issue of voided/unvoided badges (which would be the earlier?)

GTB
The NZASC in 1911 only existed on paper, a British ASC officer was appointed in 1911 to help form the NZASC and four ASC NCOs were brought over from Britain in 1913, but the NZASC wasn’t formed until March 1914.
So, I’m thinking that the officer and NCOs would have worn their British ASC badges with their uniforms and puggarees piped in white.

As to when the first NZASC badges were issued I do not know, the earliest evidence I have found so far is 1915 and manufactured in NZ, so until new information is found, NZ made NZASC collars with un-voided crowns that sit slightly below the star burst, are the earlier badges, and the British made NZASC collars with voided crowns that sit on top of the star burst, are the latter badges.