View Single Post
Old 13-10-13, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathenunns View Post
Some tank lids from my collection

Note that the 2 inch green wool patches on the RNZAC berets are very different from the patch on Wallace’s beret.
OK before I proceed, I would like to point out that in regards to the top tank beret picture in post #299, the badge and green backing cloth is 100% original, as is the 1942 dated beret, they are just not original to each other.
The badge came from a friend of the family, and the beret (missing its badge) was found in a Wellington second hand shop.
Nowadays the Div Cav onwards badge forms part of my tank badge collection, and the beret is just displayed with a standard onward badge which can just be seen in the first picture behind Wallace’s beret in post # 287.
(This is how I suspect that Wallace’s beret looked after the 12th February 1943 and up until 1947. Although I cannot rule out that Wallace may have worn something quite different than was regulation during this period.)

The middle RNZAC beret in post #299, is actually a post war beret (type with stitched triangle behind badge) that I have swapped its queens crown RNZAC badge with a kings crown RNZAC badge from my tank badge collection, just for the purpose of this photo.
(This is how I suspect that Wallace’s beret looked after the 1947)

The bottom ordinary ranks Kings crown beret in post # 287, is 1953 dated, and is 100% original.