View Single Post
Old 01-10-16, 07:11 PM
MarkGD

Gentlemen, i am most grateful for your comments, much appreciated. I have been fortunate to have spent a good part of the day looking at images of the cap badges, my grandfather i'm sure would be proud! The smaller badge is shown on a number of sites including Cdn ebay as -

A World War II cap badge for Royal Canadian Artillery. The badge is brass, measures 46 mm by 36 mm and comes complete with it's original lugs. Mazeas S.2a. This is the smaller variety with "Ubique".

I obviously need to find the reference 'Mazeas' but after looking at a few thousand pictures i'm pretty happy it is one and the same. That cannot be said of the middle example, i have found some pretty close but none exactly the same, it's colour etc is the same as some genuine labelled badges but it has a couple of distinct differences, the search unfortunately goes on!

Must admit i have enjoyed the looking (told my Mrs i was doing vital research!) i might even end up collecting these, so many types, do you know of this Mazeas reference?
Regards Mark