View Single Post
Old 11-11-18, 06:55 PM

Yes indeed, it was not an easy decision to remove the titles from the BD blouse. It is certainly not something that I would normally do. However, given that they were apparently sewn on at the same time as the (fake) set of Pegasus patches - so evidently not on the original BD blouse - and that their authenticity was also in question, I thought it worthwhile.

I am still sure that the Pegasus patches are fake. I shall post some pics of the back of them, although this may only be tomorrow.

I have not removed the wings or the chevrons from the BD blouse, as do not want to be hasty.

Regarding the BD blouse itself, with which there are also trousers, I have no doubt that they are original wartime South African issue.

I should mention that I have been advised by a respected member of this forum - since posting this thread - that the seller did sometimes make available 'made up' BD blouses, which could have a mix of original and fake insignia. Certainly, the seller was able to source original insignia, but it is a pity that he seemingly felt it necessary to engage in the dodgy practice of 'making up' BD blouses. Although not dissimilar from the practice of producing FS fighting knives mixing genuine and fake parts.

Last edited by DougSA; 11-11-18 at 07:10 PM.