Thread: RAOC KC strange
View Single Post
Old 20-11-15, 08:29 PM

Was talking about this very subject with fellow RAOC collectors re the rarity or indeed existence of the 1947 Pattern RAOC Anodised Badge which was reported to be worn by a RAOC platoon within (15?) Company, Piddington Camp, COD Bicester in Oxfordshire in the late 40's anecdotally reported to be in 2 styles, Slider & Lugs with them being withdrawn as being of poor quality and being to soft with fixings breaking off, and of course the change over to the 1949 Pattern RAOC Badge very soon after. Even this badge was produced in very small trials quantity's!

I have been unable to find any documentation of this Troop Trial at all. How many would have been produced I wonder? not many, and probably pressed from the same die as normal GM badges at that!

The name Rick Butterfield came up as having the only known example of this rare beast! of which I have never ever even seen a photo of! But I live in hope. It was further rumoured that this badge changed hands within the last 15 years to whom I do not know.

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 20-11-15 at 08:43 PM.