View Single Post
Old 18-08-11, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffsyeoman View Post
If I can prevail on Hagwalther's expertise...

Started collecting badges seriously c. 1975. Interest in the Royal Warwicks.
They never had an A/A badge (excluding Forester Brigade, Fusilier Brigade) - I think 'Gaylor' confirmed it and not one in K&K. There isn't one in the Museum. Then about 10 years ago A/A Warwicks badges appear. I bought one, for not all that much, just to have one. No maker name, but very convincing in construction and manufacture - fakes, surely?

(Unlike the lead-core, non-voided, gold 'tombac' plated, silver bits painted with modeller's enamel paint ones which appeared in late 70s. Buried somewhere in my mother's garage is a 'Berkshire and Westminster Dragoons' of this type..)
Hi Staffyeoman,

The A/A version of the Warwickshire Regt is my bete noire. It was officially authorised for issue via the CCN of 1963 which implies that they were also manufactured.

However, I have never seen one that I believe was made during the era of the Warwickshire Regt's service. I have though seen plenty which I believe were manufactured in the late 1980's by Gaunt. Some members here believe that they own original 'in service era' items but I am still to be convinced.

Of the last 18 odd badges that I am currently trying to find to photograph for my book this is one of possibly three badges that I believe I will not be able to acquire.

Regards

Chris

Last edited by hagwalther; 18-08-11 at 10:30 PM.