View Single Post
Old 25-01-16, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bess55 View Post
Gents, I can confirm ACF wore the QLR cap badge anodised with a painted red rose, mounted on the elongated yellow plastic diamond backing. Obtained from a fellow cadet in another unit about 1982 ish - I still have it.

I concur with Andy - the AA badge would not have been worn as a replacement by commissioned officers.

Regards to all

Bess
Hi Bess,

I have updated my notes.

Please excuse the word 'probably' re: ACF bit. As I do not have official documentation stating that the ACF wore this badge such qualification needs to be made.

1. At the 192nd Meeting of the Army Dress Committee, held on 17th June 1969, the Committee decided to approve the sketch design (No. 0.2753) of the cap badge for The Queen’s Lancashire Regiment: Badge, Cap in gold A/A for soldiers. This badge to replace the following:
a) Badge, Organisation, Lancastrian Brigade, A/A, Cap (CB 8455-99-974-1096).
b) Badge, Collar, The South Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales’s Volunteers), A/A, (CB 8099) in use as a cap badge.
c) Badge, Organisation, The Loyal Regiment (North Lancashire), A/A, Cap (CB 8455-99-973-9430).
2. At the 195th Meeting of the Army Dress Committee, held on 27th October 1969, the Committee decided to approve the finished samples of the cap badge for The Queen’s Lancashire Regiment: soldiers; gold A/A; sketch design No. 0.2753. At the same meeting, the officers piece, in bright polished gilt with a red enamelled rose, was approved to sketch design No. 0.2753.
3. This badge is often found with a painted red rose. Such examples were probably used by affiliated units of the local Army Cadet Force.

Regards,

Chris