View Single Post
Old 09-10-10, 04:55 PM

Default Recently Acquired

Hi all,

Just recently acquired this title. When I was a the LAC a couple of weeks back, a similar looking Title to this one was on a video I previewd and it was on the Battledress of a Captain on an exercise in the UK. The video itself was dated from 1939-43 so I must assume the title is dated between 1941-43.

Also...at long last I finally managed to get a Second World War Le Regiment de la Chaudiere Mk1 GSW 1941 Helmet with their Regimental Flash. It is painted and is a very early example. I have included also a picture of the first reference for the Helmet Flash (from June 1941) that was in the mound of additional information that was found with their War Diary at LAC. The time line in the LAC document makes sense because shortly after the Regiments arrival in the UK there are a number of pictures showing the Regiment with the Helmet Flash painted on rather than with an applied Decal which seems to have been more prevalent later in the war.

And for you Bill A., I have included the first reference to the Shoulder Titles that I found at LAC...it dates to late April 1941. The caption I believe is instructing them that they can only apply the Title to the Battledress...must have been some enterprising soldiers applying them elsewhere???

Mike Kennelly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shoulder Title - Resized.jpg (46.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Chaudiere Shoulder Title - Resized.jpg (64.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Chaud Helmet with Regiment Logo -Resized.jpg (40.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Chaudiere Helmet Flash -Resized-Date.jpg (54.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg LAC Helmet Flash Reference.jpg (64.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg LAC- Shoulder Title Reference.jpg (55.4 KB, 32 views)