View Single Post
Old 17-03-12, 09:00 PM

Hi Maisie,

I definitely would like to see the photos.

I have a MK 1 in my collection which is posted earlier in this thread and it is Maroon, Silver and Scarlet. MK 11's that I have personally seen/handled also only have been in this colour configuration. All of these helmets reside here in Canada, strange that ones located in France would be Blue. The location of a farm in Beny-Sur-Mer is certainly a place I would expect a Chaudiere artifact to surface but the colour Blue is something I would not expect and am puzzled by.

The link to Clive's website with the picture of a MK 11 was actually a photograph I took back in 2008 while I visited the Chaudiere Museum in Levis, QC. In that picture, the decal is a pristine example that I believe was added to the helmet at a later date. Still, it represents what is supposed to be the colours of the decal.

I have attached a couple photo's of MK111's with decals that are clearly in the Maroon configuration. The better MK 111 was from this website which is located in the Netherlands. http://www.ergensinnederland1939-1945.nl/home
At the moment I cannot locate my source for the other picture.

Best,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MK 111.jpg (6.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg chaudiere MK111 Painted Flash.jpg (54.8 KB, 39 views)